Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too nicknamey?

Re: Too nicknamey?

Clea or Klea, I would still have thought it's pronounced Clee-ah.

Ya, I don't think the spelling change really helps with pronunciations issues, myself, and I think Clea looks more elegant and romantic than Klea, which looks slightly misspelled, honestly. I'm glad you like Clea Penelope, though! It's a fun one!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I think Clea can stand alone -- like Chloe. As long as you are resigned to correcting everyone's pronounciation and spelling, I say go with it.

I like Clea Penelope a lot, but I'd also consider Clea Diantha, a Greek favorite of mine that deserved to be more popular. It's a wild flower, I believe.

I think people will automatically see it as Clee-ah, which personally I prefer, because of Cleo. To clear up the pronounciation a little you could put an accent over the E which would change it to a capital A sound.

Clea is super-lovely. I do agree that it would give you a few pronunciation problems, though - but if that doesn't bother you, then you should go for it! I feel like, since Cleo and Chloe and all those are "stand-alone" names, that Clea could really work as just a "full name". It's cute, but not overly so. Anyways.

Clea Mechtild/e
    Clea Iolanthe
    Clea Henrietta
    Clea Harriet
    Clea Ruth
    Clea Persephone
    Clea Diantha
    Clea Eglantine

Okay, I've got to go, but I'll come back with more later!