Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1651 of 3037 FirstFirst ... 651 1151 1551 1601 1641 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1661 1701 1751 2151 2651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,255 of 15184

Thread: Think/Say

Say: Hello there!
    Think: Neither of those feel like actual proper first names to me. I like the nickname Holly (would have preferred that as her first name), but Bella is bleh and reminds me of Twilight.

Meet my daughter, Rosalind Claire.

Say: Hey Rosalind! What a pretty name you have!
    Think: I love Rosalind. Due to personal associations, I'd never use it, but I do like it. Thank god she's not a 'Ros' or something. Claire, although I know so many lovely Claires, is a name I have never liked at all. The overall combo is pretty nice, very classic and rather dignified, though, so I think it works.

Hello. This is my son, Oscar Gideon, who goes by Oz or Osc (both honouring a deceased, very much beloved one) at home and Oscar in public, and my daughter, Saoirse Victoria.

Say: Hi Oscar and Saoirse, nice to meet you both.
    Think: Oscar Gideon is absolutely gorgeous! I love both those names and they sound so perfect together. But I just despise Saoirse, and I don't like the way it sounds with Victoria at all. I suppose that's because I know of a few unpleasant girls named Saoirse, so it's more personal associations than anything to do with the name itself.

This is my daughter Edith Matilda, who goes mostly by Edie, and my brother's son Holland Octavius.
    Teen writer, pianist, sci-fi geek, cat-owner and name enthusiast.

Calvin Augustus ~ Matilda Josephine
    Roland | Walter | Alonzo | Orson | Beatrice | Elspeth | Agatha | Sunny
    Fitzgerald | Winston | Montgomery | Hugo | Clemency | Zelda | Astrid | Ophelia

Say: Hi kids!
    Think: Edie is totally fine. But I feel so bad for her nephew. Holland on a BOY? And Octavius!? God help that poor boy.
    Hi, meet my son Hezekiah True

Say: Hi, there! Aren't you the cutest?
    Think: That's just bloody horrible.

I'd like you to meet my daughter, Charlotte Madeleine.