Names Searched Right Now:
Page 821 of 2765 FirstFirst ... 321 721 771 811 819 820 821 822 823 831 871 921 1321 1821 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,105 of 13822

Thread: Think/Say

Say: Hello!
    Think: Sylvester is all Loony Toons, and Vester is awful - it makes me think of invester, and Uncle Fester, and it sounds like some sort of super villain. Sylvan would have been lovely.

These are my sons, Locke and Caine.

Say: What lovely boys.
    Think: Locke? Shouldn't the other one be called Key? Caine's a solid choice though, slight deviant spelling from the biblical but whatever, it's not been butchered.

These are my twins, Emilia who we call Milly, and George.

Say: Hello, Milly and George! Your names are so pretty.
    Think: They really are lovely, although they're not my favourites. Emilia is a feminine and lively twist on an evergreen, timeless name, whereas George is classic, so much that it seems a little bland when paired with Emilia. However, Milly and George are perfect.

I'd like you to meet my daughter, Hermione Liesl, whom we call Hermia.

Say: Hi, Hermia! That's so interesting, I love Shakespeare characters' names.

Think: Hermione and Hermia are both Shakespeare characters, but I think Hermione has a much prettier sound, though I'm not too wild about either. 'Hermia' sounds too much like 'hernia,' and doesn't sound like a natural shortening of 'Hermione.'

This is my daughter, Dara.
    College student, no kids, storyteller, writer, actor, pirate, name enthusiast.
    Favorite names since age three: Lucinda and Percival.

Say: Hi, Dara! What a pretty dress/headband/shoes/etc.
    Think: I like it. The shortness makes it not too girly, yet clearly a girl. And she one be one of a million Bellas.

These are my kids Addison, Calla, and Jack.