Names Searched Right Now:
Page 186 of 235 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast

Thread: Name sightings

Accidentally took a look at the list of all of the students who attend my school and I found a lot of cool names that you don't come across very often here in Denmark: Absalon, Ada, Alexei, Anthony, Bjørk, Carl Johan, Catharina, Dion, Eike, Emmelie, Gallus, Gaston, Gavin, Kathleen, Laurits, Lejse, Magdalena (x2), Marina (x2), Rigmor, Ronja, Shelby, Tatiana and Zenia.

While looking at the list I also did a quick calculation of the most popular names of my school:
    Frederik (24)
    Mikkel (21)
    Emma (17)
    Rasmus (17)
    Andreas (15)
    Cecilie (15)
    Emilie (15)
    Maria (15)
    Nanna (15)
    Daniel (14)
    Ida (13)
    Julie (13)
    Amalie (12)
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

A few days ago in Santa Cruz I was heaving a sigh after overhearing a sibset of Brooklyn and Addison when a toddler came running by, closely followed by her mother who was yelling "Olive! Olive, come back!" That definitely made me smile.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

One of my friends on Facebook gave birth to a girl named Arianna.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages.

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas James, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

Names of the kids I nanny:
    (sibset) No1a and A1ta
    (sibset) Zane, Ho1den, E11ie and Max.
    (sibset) Maxwe11, Thomas and Ruby.
    (sibset) Brennan, Conor, Madeline, Griffin

Names of the kids Maxwe11 and Thomas were playing with the other day at the park:
    (sibset) Li1ith, Emery and Finn.
    (sibset) Morgan (m) and Brady (m).
    Daria, Luke, Hannah, Miri (I think she was a Miranda because they also called her Panda!)
    19 yr old name nerd, nanny & applied sciences undergrad

Long time favourites: Olive, Harriet, Ezra, Atlas & Hugo

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

Yesterday I meet the most adorable two yrs old named Sophia . Also an Agamemnon & an Ajax !! Such a good day lol .
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .