Names Searched Right Now:
Page 175 of 237 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast

Thread: Name sightings

Met brothers at the park today named Isaac, Malachi, and Elijah. They were 9, 6, and 4 respectively.

Also, my family and I stopped off at a (very tasty) local dive in small town Tennessee on our way back from Louisville... I overheard a dad scolding his sons Boyd and Grigsby. I assumed both were family surnames, but I'd never even heard Grigsby before.
    Last edited by southern.maple; July 8th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I heard Bristol in a restaurant bathroom today. I was at a swimming pool the other day, and I met a couple who had two children named Miriya (pronounced meer-ee-uh) and Maddox. I thought that was cute.

I ran into my first Nevaeh yesterday at my youth group. Two girls had been volunteering in the nursery, and brought over an adorable 14 month old baby girl. Being a name nerd, I promptly asked what her name is. "It's Nevaeh (they said it neh-VAY-uh, which is how I intuitively pronounce it), heaven spelled backwards. Isn't so cute?"

I have impulse issues due to my ADD, so I was very proud of myself that I smiled and said, "That's nice" and changed the subject to her adorable outfit.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor heaven "lena" ~ vivienne ailsa ~ felicity emma "fay" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I ran in to a mom in the supermarket with a 13 month old baby girl named Imogen, I know there's a host of people on here that love Imogen but it is one name that I absolutely HATE! She pronounced it Emo-jen (I've heard it pronounced a few other ways too) and all I could say was "Isn't she sweet" while gagging on the inside
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Aili

Darcy, Vaughn, Leif, Heath, Huxley, Kenneth, Cormac

A woman named Tamisan. Not Tamsin or Tasmin, but Tamisan.