Names Searched Right Now:
Page 167 of 272 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast

Thread: Name sightings

A mediocre celebrity here in Denmark who already has a daughter, Nola, announced today that she's expecting a second child, a son, who's gonna be called Atlas.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I've met 3 baby girls under the age of one this week - one was Eileen (eye-leen rather than ay-leen), which I've always thought was so lovely and underused - I always get excited when I hear dated names on babies.

The other was Angel, which as much as I dislike, was pretty cute on her. Her mum nicknamed her 'Elle' which made it more tolerable.

And the other was Minnie, who was little sister to twins Billy and Frankie.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

At my ballet rehearsal today, there was a little girl called Paris! It was so funny, she kept doing the wrong steps or going the wrong way and her teacher would yell out her name. She wore it so well, she was loud and silly and funny and adorable. Another interesting one was a little girl named Brady. I am in New England, so I think it's a bit too far to name your child after Tom Brady, whom I'm assuming is the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    one was Eileen (eye-leen rather than ay-leen), which I've always thought was so lovely and underused - I always get excited when I hear dated names on babies.
    Isn't it great when people get over their first impression?! I know a tiny Nadine (:
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

Was looking through some royals' ancestry on wikipedia, and I came across Margalide which I find quite lovely.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"