Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 296 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Name sightings

Re: Name sightings

Yesterday I saw a Ciera (Sierra but yooneek). She was 18ish.

One of my co-workers named her child Jailey a few weeks ago. Which sounds cute (though I can't imagine a 40-year old with that name), but did she seriously have to choose to spell it like JAIL-ey?? I live in the Netherlands, so she won't get teased about it much here *I hope*, but my co-worker and her husband are thinking of moving to the US.. Poor kid .

Quote Originally Posted by kween
    I'm in Australia, and I saw in the paper the other day, a little girl named Acacia (nn Cacie).

For those not familiar, Acacia is actually a type of shrub/tree native to Australia, the most common being the Wattle tree.

I thought this was quite a unique name.

I am in Aus too, I love the sound of Acacia, and even considered it for my daughter, but I am so allergic to Wattle! lol. I sneeze all spring.

Little ones from my daughter's play group (all 3 and under):

Ciara
    Eliza and Louie (twins)
    Edward
    Oliver
    Zara
    Matilda (nn Tilly)
    Danni
    McKylie
    Lily
    Charlotte
    Sophia
    and my little Elsa
    Mum of Elsa Helen, 11/10/09.

Two more from the pool: Althea, who looked to be about 8 or 9; and Juniper! At first I thought he said Jennifer, but it was definitely Juniper. I've never heard of a Juniper in real life, and it was definitely refreshing. She was probably 6 or 7, and her friend was named Kaylee (or Cayleigh, Kaylee, etc). And Althea-- I've always really liked that name.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

A few years back, a lady at my church had a little girl named Juniper "June". I always thought Juniper was refreshingly unique, and even June is not a name you see on small children, so I really liked it. Her brother was named Elliot, and I couldn't help but think of E.T back then, but the name has grown on me since then.