Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 274 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Name sightings

Re: Name sightings

Real sisters Fiona and Daphne? Yes! That's always been one of my favorite pairings!

I can't think of any interesting names I've spotted lately... My husbands coworker recently named her son Jaden Chase... He tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't listen.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I'm in Australia, and I saw in the paper the other day, a little girl named Acacia (nn Cacie).

For those not familiar, Acacia is actually a type of shrub/tree native to Australia, the most common being the Wattle tree.

I thought this was quite a unique name.

Haven't come across any children lately, but my professor has two cats named Sebastian and Beatrice, which I thought was a great example of inspired naming. Sebsy and Bea, she calls them...

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I forgot-- the same day I saw Fiona and Daphne, there was a sibset of Andrew and Alice-- lovely! Sebastian and Beatrice are excellent cat names (and human names) and I love Adele. Acacia is definitely intriguing.

A teacher at my school is named Lucerne-- apparently it's a flower... I'm not sure how it would be pronounced. I also found out one of my teachers named her daughter Sophia, and another (from Wales) has Sian and Valmai.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Lucerne - very pretty. It's also the name of a city in Switzerland which is pronounced (at least in English) - Loo-sern.

I met a little girl the other day called... LaStar... what does everyone think of that?