Names Searched Right Now:
Page 36 of 272 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Name sightings

Re: Name sightings

There is a lovely older woman who volunteers at our library (in the US) whose name is Creamy. I've never had the nerve to ask her about it, but always wanted to.

This is fun to read through. I have friends and coworkers who have picked some interesting girl names recently (all under 3 years old)-
    Serena
    Viola
    Jana
    Avigilia
    Anisha
    Zinnia

And even though nameberry doesn't recommend Rudyard "even for the most ardent Kipling fan" there are a couple out there. My husband is Rudyard, nn Rudd, and a friend named their son Rudyard Darwin, after him.

And my younger sister (29) is Faye.

I met a little girl (about 10 years old) named Britannia a few days ago, which I think is an interesting take on Brittany. Unfortunately, most of the small children in my area have trendy names like Isabella and Jayden so it's not too often I meet a child and think, "Oh, that's a neat name!"

I saw a older woman named Tinsel(interesting, But I don't know if I like it), A young sibset of Skyler and Mathew(I like Skyler, Mathew not so much), Another older lady named Lillie(I like Lily, But the spelling Lillie is interesting),And A 20-something named Luke(I use to love Luke, Not so much anymore)

Two all girl sibsets I encountered recently:

Ruby, Nina, Grace and Lily

Matilda (nn Tilly), Chiara, Neve and Alice

Both sets caught my eye!