Names Searched Right Now:
Page 129 of 272 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast

Thread: Name sightings

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    It's one of the best entertainments in the world. Our song this year is meh, though. It sounds suspiciously a lot like last years winner.
    Lol yeah, that does tend to happen "-_- Four countries have pulled out already this year I think so we might have some wildcards in the final who wouldn't have made it through otherwise.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

My dad met a guy named Charming yesterday, and his brother Chomas. Like Thomas, with a ch.
    Collecting, not expecting! Favorite names change frequently.

Girls list: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/22356

Boys list: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/34208

Voting list: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9829189

Tajja... a cast member on PBS kids' Super Why! program.

Quote Originally Posted by rubysuitcase View Post
    Azaria is pronounced Uh ZAH Ree Uh. A pretty name but unusable in Australia due to Azaria Chamberlain, a baby famously taken by a dingo (wild dog) near Uluru. It's amazing how a name can become unusable like that, the association for Australians is so strong.
    I saw the Meryl Streep movie and remember thinking the name was so pretty! I didn't realize the association was so strong. Nobody here in the US would get it. As a side note, I heard physical evidence finally exonerated the mother, which I was glad to hear. What a nightmare for that family. Not to mention for that poor baby!

In other news, the thought of Nolan going to the girls is just as ridiculous as Logan crossing over. Nolan was my grandfather's name, now one of my brother's middles. It's also the first name of legendary Texas Rangers (baseball) pitcher Nolan Ryan. A name could not be more masculine if it tried. There are a bazillion girls names in the world, let's let the guys keep some!
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Marina . Nadia . Vesper . Georgia . Emerald

Yesterday I posted about the sibset Philip, William, Elizabeth Karene and Catherine Isadora. Today I found out they have a cousin, born to a much more bohemian couple, named Zona. She is elementary school age. Never heard of it. I plan on asking her dad about it via Facebook. The curiosity is killing me. Pronounced with a long o as in zone.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Marina . Nadia . Vesper . Georgia . Emerald