Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Z and X names

Z and X names

I quite like names with the letter Z or X in them as i think they look cool!

Elizabeth will definitely be the middle name, but i have come across the name Alyzabeth which is the same meaning but pronounced 'ah liz ah beth'. Does it look made up and cheap? Or is it a nice alternative to the classic Elizabeth?

The first name would be Lola. Lola Alyzabeth.

I also like Zayden and Dexter, what are your thoughts? The middle name would be James:

Zayden James
    Dexter James

Have you got any more X or Z names? I did like Xavier and Xanthe but they are a no from my OH!

Thanks

Re: Z and X names

Between Lola Elizabeth and Lola Alyzabeth, I'd definitely choose Elizabeth. I'm not opposed to different spellings, but in this case, I think you'd be disappointed. First, it is the kind of alternate spelling that others find downmarket; second, odds are that she'll be pronounced however the person would've pronounced Elizabeth, or if not, will simply result in a strange sort of pause; but lastly, because Lola is a great name, but maybe a little bit showgirl, so a strong classic like Elizabeth in the spot provides some balance.

Dexter over Zayden, too. The -ayden names are so popular that I just can't imagine using one. Dexter is great, though and the nickname Dex is fabulous.

There's also Zinnia, Zora, Zara, Zadie, Zelie and Ezekiel (Zeke), Hezekiah (Zeke again, maybe?), Zebulon, Zedekiah - but a lot of those Z names for boys are Biblical, so that might not be quite your style.

Best wishes!

Lola Elizabeth looks much better than Lola Alyzabeth in my opinion. Lola is such a fun name, and Elizabeth makes it a little more professional. I don't mean this offensively, but when people see the name Alyzabeth, they're likely to assume that she has a very poor teen mom, or a mom who's trying way too hard to be unique.

While it's wrong for people to judge others based on the spelling of their names, I think that future employers might roll their eyes when they see the name Alyzabeth, and assume that another applicant named Elizabeth is smarter and more qualified. That's not fair, but I've seen it happen where I used to work- the manager rolling her eyes and saying negative things about applications with strange names/strange spellings.

Quote Originally Posted by flossom
    I quite like names with the letter Z or X in them as i think they look cool!

Elizabeth will definitely be the middle name, but i have come across the name Alyzabeth which is the same meaning but pronounced 'ah liz ah beth'. Does it look made up and cheap? Or is it a nice alternative to the classic Elizabeth?

The first name would be Lola. Lola Alyzabeth.

I also like Zayden and Dexter, what are your thoughts? The middle name would be James:

Zayden James
    Dexter James

Have you got any more X or Z names? I did like Xavier and Xanthe but they are a no from my OH!

Thanks

Thanks for your opinions. I think i agree with you and will stick with the original classy spelling Elizabeth. I think it brings a traditional element to Lola.

Thanks