Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Harrison for a girl?

I really like George Harrison. I think it's sort of a cute name for a girl. The middle name would be India. The only nickname I can think of is Hari, though. But if you want to be goofy...Harrisong? Harrisonnet?

Re: Harrison for a girl?

I'm sorry, but that's just incredibly ugly on a little girl. If you want something Harry related I would go with Harriet. It's the same other than the last syllable. They're both a variation on Harry (Henry), and Harriet has Hattie as an adorable nickname, or you could even go with Harrie, but it lacks the spunk of Hattie in my opinion.
    Mother of Theodore Atlas and Katherine Juno
    Teddy and Kitty

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9783054

Quote Originally Posted by mango
    I really like George Harrison. I think it's sort of a cute name for a girl. The middle name would be India. The only nickname I can think of is Hari, though. But if you want to be goofy...Harrisong? Harrisonnet?
    I think it could work as a middle name for a girl, as in India Harrison LASTNAME, but I wouldn't do it for a first name. It's much to masculine, in my opinion.

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Harrison is totally masculine. 'Harry', then 'son'. There's nothing remotely feminine about it.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I agree with Lemon. Pretty much always. I love, love India as a first name, and would absolutely want to use it if I didn't have such a long last name. If you have a short last name, India Harrison _____ is outstanding.