Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calia Joy

Re: Calia Joy

I have to agree with the others. I would have pronounced it CAL-ee-uh, which sounds a little prettier to my ear. I wish it wasn't an invented name, because I think it's got a lot of things going for it. I'd vote for Calista, though.

I agree with the pp...I love the suggestions of Calla Joy or Calista Joy!
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Charlotte, Emily; Benjamin, James, Luke, William
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Kyle, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo

Its actually not a made up name, its a greek name that means most beautiful.... but I guess you answered my question in that you all thought it was made up. Don't like Calista though, just makes me think of the actress Calista Flockheart

I think it's pretty but probably would have pronounced it cal-ya like Dahlia or Talia. But I think ca-lee-uh (like you intend) is prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by tylermom
    Its actually not a made up name, its a greek name that means most beautiful.... but I guess you answered my question in that you all thought it was made up. Don't like Calista though, just makes me think of the actress Calista Flockheart
    Are you sure about the etymology? Calia wasn't in the Nameberry database or Baby Name Wizard's. Both of them list Calista as the Greek name meaning most beautiful. Some of the other name websites have very sketchy name definitions, if that is where you saw it.

I'm not an expert by any means, though. In fact, when I first saw this thread, I started to answer "it looks made up," but decided to check myself first, as I have been wrong in the past!