Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: We love our kids!

My daughter, now 10 months, has taken her time developing and she tends to do everything HER way. For instnace, she has recently started to crawl. However, Bella has a very big head and its a bit out of proportion to her body, even for an infant. So, when she crawls, she crawls like a bulldozer with her head on the ground. She's quick, but she has to stop every once in a while and look up to see where she's going! So funny!
    Current loves: Theodore & Rosalind

Mommy to Arabella and Jude

Quote Originally Posted by jayjoh
    I had to bring this thread back up...it makes me really happy. I've been thinking all day about how my kids are literally what's keeping me alive, and how lucky I am to have them.

My seven-year-old usually wakes us up in the middle of the night because she's afraid and can't sleep, and sometimes my partner and I get annoyed, but honestly I love that she feels safe with us. It makes me feel like a good parent who can protect his kids. My five-year-old is very dependent on me, and always insists on sharing my food (at restaurants and stuff) which he eats with his fingers, of course, but I think it's pretty cute. He also loves to interrupt strangers' conversations and add his own ideas, lol. And my three-year-old is very, very loud and loves attention, and can hardly sit still anywhere, and even though the rest of us are a lot more quiet and laid back, I really appreciate the dynamic that Laura adds to our family.

Even when they're frustrating, they make me so happy.
    You have mentioned a couple of times that you have been ill recently. Can I ask what is going on with you? (If you don't feel like sharing your personal health information with a complete stranger on the Internet, please tell me to MYOB! Just feel kind of like I know you!

Quote Originally Posted by phoebesmom
    You have mentioned a couple of times that you have been ill recently. Can I ask what is going on with you? (If you don't feel like sharing your personal health information with a complete stranger on the Internet, please tell me to MYOB! Just feel kind of like I know you!
    It's fine, I honestly didn't realize I'd mentioned it so much lol. I've been trying to be more open after hiding it for so long, so I guess I actually want to talk about myself now, for the first time...I'm HIV positive, and I have been since I was a teenager (Derrick and our kids aren't). I haven't been doing so well lately, but I'm attempting to be optimistic because I've started a new medication. I'm finding out tomorrow if my viral load has gone down, actually. But yeah, this is the source of my illnesses and also the criticism that D and I get each time we have a child, lol. That's about as detailed as I'll get on a public forum, but feel free to message me if you want.

Just wanted to also mention that Derrick and Zachary are the reason we got two kittens in March, lol...they went to an animal shelter on Long Island "just to look" and I got a call about two hours later asking it if was okay. I have a lot of trouble saying no to my kids (and D who's sometimes a big kid, haha). :P
    Proud father of Camille (8), Zachary (6), Laura (4), Juliet and Benjamin (6 months).

Quote Originally Posted by jayjoh
    It's fine, I honestly didn't realize I'd mentioned it so much lol. I've been trying to be more open after hiding it for so long, so I guess I actually want to talk about myself now, for the first time...I'm HIV positive, and I have been since I was a teenager (Derrick and our kids aren't). I haven't been doing so well lately, but I'm attempting to be optimistic because I've started a new medication. I'm finding out tomorrow if my viral load has gone down, actually. But yeah, this is the source of my illnesses and also the criticism that D and I get each time we have a child, lol. That's about as detailed as I'll get on a public forum, but feel free to message me if you want.

Just wanted to also mention that Derrick and Zachary are the reason we got two kittens in March, lol...they went to an animal shelter on Long Island "just to look" and I got a call about two hours later asking it if was okay. I have a lot of trouble saying no to my kids (and D who's sometimes a big kid, haha). :P
    Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with these problems, but it is so inspiring that you have been able to get on with such a successful life despite the challenges I am sure you have faced. Your kids sound really lucky to have two such adoring parents, and that is the most important thing. Any of our kids could lose their parents in a second, after all.
    I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling very well, recently. I'm sending you a virtual casserole! Better get up your strength before those two new additions come along! Did I see on another thread that Rosemary is locked in? That was always my favorite!

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with these problems, but it is so inspiring that you have been able to get on with such a successful life despite the challenges I am sure you have faced. Your kids sound really lucky to have two such adoring parents, and that is the most important thing. Any of our kids could lose their parents in a second, after all.
    I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling very well, recently. I'm sending you a virtual casserole! Better get up your strength before those two new additions come along! Did I see on another thread that Rosemary is locked in? That was always my favorite!
    Aw, thank you. It's nice to get support even if it's over the internet. And yeah, people don't seem to understand that there isn't a certain mold that parents have to fit to be good parents. I mean my parents are straight and healthy (aside from alcoholism) and they were severely abusive to me...I'd do anything for my kids because of that. Like I said, they're keeping me alive.

I think we're definitely going with Rosemary, if the second twin is a girl. We're finding out on Tuesday so fingers crossed! The kids are already calling her Romy ("I hope Romy is a girl") so I think it's settled. We're so stuck on the boy's name though. I'll post another thread when we find out for sure.
    Proud father of Camille (8), Zachary (6), Laura (4), Juliet and Benjamin (6 months).