Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

We love our kids!

Today, I was reading a book called The Power of Myth, and a specific quote in it really struck me and then made me laugh. Essentially, the book is an interview/discussion about myths (absolutely fascinating) between Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers.

Campbell: It is the imperfections of life that are lovable.
    Moyers: Why do you say you love people for their imperfections?
    Campbell: Aren't children lovable because they're falling down all the time and have little bodies with the heads too big?

After reading this, I couldn't help but be touched - I love my daughter every day because of her mistakes and her errors and her little quirks. And don't we all?

I was thinking that this could be a fun topic to just post the cute things about your kids, the amazing things, the silly things. If your daughter does something funny or your son makes a typical, laughable toddler mistake, you can share it with us here!
    "A meow massages the heart" - Stuart McMillan

Proud Momma to human baby Ephyra Belle and furry babies Hopper, Pita Chip, Diego, & Somerled

Re: We love our kids!

That is so sweet! What a great idea for a thread!

My son is 18 months old today, one of his favorite things to do is throw all the pillows in the house on the ground, and then walk over them, like an obstacle course! He inevitably falls down and says "ouch!". And my brother just taught him how to spin around in circles, so he does that and gets super dizzy and falls all over the place. It drives me nuts but it's so cute at the same time!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Awww that is adorable!! And, of course, the brother is already getting your son into mischief. Although I'm not sure spinning in circles really counts as mischief.

I had a sort of "this drives me nuts" moment with my daughter today (with a sibling too!) that, even though it really was driving me nuts, was also making me laugh and smile and want to just squeeze her into a big bear hug. My daughter is six, and her best friend Karsen came over for a play date. My sister lives kind of nearby, and she's usually around. Since she's younger than me, she's still got that "younger sibling" vibe and is always wanting to annoy me. So, of course, she tells Karsen and Ephyra (my daughter) how much mommy would love it if they reorganized my clothes drawers for me. I come into my room just a few minutes later, and everything is on the floor. And I mean everything. Karsen and Ephyra had given up "reorganizing", and they were just trying stuff on. It was too cute! But it took forever to clean up (with no help from the sis, of course! )
    "A meow massages the heart" - Stuart McMillan

Proud Momma to human baby Ephyra Belle and furry babies Hopper, Pita Chip, Diego, & Somerled

I had to bring this thread back up...it makes me really happy. I've been thinking all day about how my kids are literally what's keeping me alive, and how lucky I am to have them.

My seven-year-old usually wakes us up in the middle of the night because she's afraid and can't sleep, and sometimes my partner and I get annoyed, but honestly I love that she feels safe with us. It makes me feel like a good parent who can protect his kids. My five-year-old is very dependent on me, and always insists on sharing my food (at restaurants and stuff) which he eats with his fingers, of course, but I think it's pretty cute. He also loves to interrupt strangers' conversations and add his own ideas, lol. And my three-year-old is very, very loud and loves attention, and can hardly sit still anywhere, and even though the rest of us are a lot more quiet and laid back, I really appreciate the dynamic that Laura adds to our family.

Even when they're frustrating, they make me so happy.
    Proud father of Camille (8), Zachary (6), Laura (4), Juliet and Benjamin (6 months).

Here's a little anecdote that is basically my life in a nutshell.
    I sent DH and Phoebe to the pet store to get some clippers for the dog. They came home with a MOUSE. Phoebe is animal-crazy, and DH? Well, he just can't say no to the child. So we put "Minnie" into a little cage and put her on top of the entertainment center until we could figure out what to do with her. The next morning, I wake up to Phoebe, who has apparently climbed out of her crib and up the cabinet, holding the mouse by the tail in my face saying, "Mommy, Minnie wants to snuggle with you!."
    Needless to say, I got a call from Minnie's mom that night letting us know that she was missing Minnie, so we had to bring her back to her family. And the kicker? They forgot the freaking dog clippers.