Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 middle names?

2 middle names?

Are there any disadvantages of having 2 middle names? I know its just middles names but is there any complications with documents?
    And do you think its too trendy?

Re: 2 middle names?

I honestly don't think or know of any disadvantages of two middle names. I think it isn't trendy at all and gives you a chance to use more than one name you love and more room to honor someone.
    Violet Adair, Daphne Larkspur, Tempest Eve, Penelope Hazel,
    Juniper Isolde, Clio Marguerite, Etta Rosalind, Posey Adelaide,
    Thessaly Rose, Adele Corisande, Verity Tulip, Eugenie Pearl

~&~
    Jude Atlas, Silas Theodore Wolf, Bear Atticus, Quentin Miles,
    August Piers, Elliot Gray, Azariah Fox, Cyrus William, Ezra Julian,
    Henry Absalom, Jasper Malachi, Leon Devereux

Re: 2 middle names?

I think the two middle name trend is very popular on nameberry (name nerds want to use as many of their favorites as possible), but I don't think it's as popular with the masses, and it's been in use for long enough that it wouldn't be considered "trendy." I think the only real complication is that both middles will generally not fit on documents, and nearly every document has space for only one middle initial. The people I know with two middle names just use their first initial, though, so I don't think it really matters. Plus you may end up running out of names if you have more kids than you thought you would. But these are just minor inconveniences- not enough to stop me if I liked the trend.
    Personally, I don't care for middle names because they sound strange to me when said aloud- like lists rather than an individual person's name. But that's just my taste.

I have 2 middle names. I LOVE having two middle names, and fully intend to give my children two middle names, however my soon-to-be husband hates the idea. Growing up, I felt kinda special, I'm the only person I know with two middle names. But to pull off 2 middle names it has to sound right, it has to have a the right flow and rhythm. I think If I only had 1 middle name it would sound weird and choppy and just wrong. Sometimes you need two middle names...as long as it works. I haven't really had much issues with forms or anything. When there is a box for initials I put them both. My credit card is missing the last letter of my last name, but It has never caused any issues. (besides when I get married, my new last name will be one letter shorter, a perfect fit! LOL) Now I just have to win the fight for two middle names with the fiancé.

The only problem I can see is it fitting on documents. My cousin has two mn and his SS card has only half of his second mn because of space.
    Last edited by anajo; January 28th, 2013 at 01:27 AM.
    Mama of two beautiful boys!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    ~Psalm 127:4-5a