Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combinations of names with similar meanings?

Hello!

One of our fav girls names at the moment is Rosa Briallen. Do you think it's a problem that they both mean rose (well rose and primrose...)? Sort of similar to naming your daughter Ruby Scarlet - which flows nicely to my ear but I would think is a bit odd if I heard them together. Am I over thinking?

Would be joining Lacey Morgana, Pearl Isolde and William Arthur. Surname Reeves.

Thanks, Fran x

Re: Combinations of names with similar meanings?

I don't see a problem with it. It's not like your naming her Rosa Primrose That being said, I'm not sure if I would do it myself, but it wouldn't bother me if someone else did. You probably are over thinking it - but we all do that! I'm not sure if you wanted suggestions but here are some anyway (if nothing else, they may make you see if Rosa Briallen is "the one" or not!)

Rosa Beatrice
    Rosa Bronwen/Bronwyn
    Rosa Bryony
    Rosa Bellamy
    Rosa Bernadette
    Rosa Bethany
    Rosa Brynn
    Rosa Rhiannon
    Rosa Elowen
    Mama to Theodore Adl3r Emm3tt "Theo" born April 2012

Expecting baby #2 March 2015!! It's a GIRL!!!!

*Louisa *Felicity *Gwendolen *Clementine *Rosalie *Philippa *Lavinia *Beatrix *Wren *Eugenia *Florence *Primrose
    *Percival (Percy)*Augustin (Gus) *Arthur (Ari) *Frederick (Fritz) *Dashiell (Dash) *Winston *Felix *Walter *Henry/Hendrick *Edwin *Rupert

Guilty pleasures ~Pomeline, Peregrine, Delphine, and Ferdinand

I don't think it is a problem at all! Also no one will probaly know what Briallen means also it is a middle name and no one outside the family is really going to know what her middle name is. Go for it
    Abigail "Abby", Beatrix "Trixie", Charlotte "Charlie", Dianna "Annie" Sisters 4 Life <3

Top Two Combos: Violet Moon and Harrison Pike "Harry"

I really like the way Rosa Briallen flows. I dont mind that they both have similar meanings. I'm pretty impressed with Briallen, to be honest. It's a modern name, but it has roots in terms of it's meaning.

It wouldn't bother me at all! Like pp said, you're not actually naming her Rose Primrose. I love the flow of Rosa Briallen too. Rosa also means pink in Spanish, if that helps!