Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lily Ana

Re: Lily Ana

When I heard "Lily Ana" I think "Lilliana." I think with a longer L last name it would be ok, but with a very short one I agree that it's a lot of Ls all together. Lily Lo to me comes out as Lih Lee Low, just a string of Ls plus vowels. Even if it's Ling, or Long, or something else with an ending, it's a lot of short L syllables.

BUT, I am a speech therapist, so I am a super sensitive to Ls. In public schools you typically will not start working with a child who can't pronounce L (the second hardest letter to say, behind R) until about 3rd grade. Before then, many kids just can't motor plan the sound. So if her name has no consonants other than Ls, she might be in big trouble until she is almost 8! At the very least, I would be prepared for her (and the rest of her preschool class) to go through a phase where her name is "Wiwwy Wo"

Lily Ana seems strange. Why not just Liliana? It's a beautiful name, and she won't have to worry about having a double-barreled first name (which I hear can be a hassle).
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I agree with Irisrose, Liliana "Lily" makes more sense.
    *Under Construction*