Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which spelling of Vivien do you like best?

28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vivianne

1 3.57%
  • Vivienne

25 89.29%
  • Vivann

0 0%
  • Vivienn

0 0%
  • Viviane

0 0%
  • Viviene

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do YOU pronounce...

Hubs and I love the name Vivian. However, I think the spellings of Vivian and Vivien are too masculine. So, I prefer Vivienne and Vivianne<--favorite. But it has come to my attention that people might pronounce Vivianne as Vivi-ANNE and that's not the name we love.

Two part question: Would you pronounce Vivianne as Vivian or Vivi-anne? Do you prefer Vivienne or Vivianne?

Thank you!

Re: How do YOU pronounce...

I would pronounce it Vi-vee-en and voted for Vivienne, which I think is the french spelling.
    Violet Adair, Juniper Isolde, Daphne Larkspur, Iphigenia Lily, Tempest Eve
    Sylvie Pomeline, Lavender Louise, Eugenia Poppy, Clio Marguerite, Etta Rosalind, Posey Adelaide
    Isadora Lucille, Thessaly Rose, Adele Persephone Lux, Verity Jane, Celine Dorothea
    Jude Atlas, Silas Theodore Wolf, Bear Atticus, Quentin Miles, Augustus Lemon
    Elliott Grey, Dexter Leopold, Azariah Fox, Wolfgang Aurelius, Basil Peregrine, Cyrus William
    Thelonious Cotton, Ezra Julian, Henry Absalom, Jasper Malachi, Leon Devereux

I wouldn't pronounce any of them like Vivian. Vivianne would be 'vivi-ANN', Vivienne would be 'vi-vi-ENN', Viviane would be 'vi-vi-AHN', and the rest are misspellings. I think in the US Vivienne would more or less like Vivian, so that's what I voted for. It's a lovely name!
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I think Vivienne is the only option that I would pronounce like Vivian, so that was my vote. Honestly, though, I would prefer Vivian or Vivien.

Vivien, Vivienne I would pronounce Vi-vee-en
    Vivian, Vivianne I would pronounce Vi-vee-anne
    Viviane I would pronounce Vi-vee-awn
    Privilaged to name:
    Theodore Caspian (nn Theo)
    Evelyn Titania (nn Lenny)
    William Slater Rohan