• Like it!

3 33.33%
  • Eh.

2 22.22%
  • Ick!

1 11.11%

Thread: Finola?

Finola?

I've loved Finn for a boy, but recently stumbled across the name Finola for a girl! Not in love with it yet, but it's intriguing, especially because I love Fiona but have bad associations with a Fiona. WDYT?

Re: Finola?

It's nice, but it reminds me of granola somewhat. And I'm not really a fan of the 'ola' sound in general. I much prefer Fiona, which is one of my favorites, but Finola is fine. Fionnuala and Fenella are other versions of the name that I like better.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Not really my style, I prefer Nola. Maybe you'd like Fiorella, little flower in Italian pronounced Fee-uh-reh-lla.
    I see Your face in every sunrise
    The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
    The world awakens in the light of the day
    I look up to the sky and say
    You're beautiful

I met a 5-year-old named Finn, she was sweet as pie!
    I never really like Finn on a girl until then, kinda like Quinn, it can be really tomboy-ish. But it can be kinda girly on the right person.
    Finola is a lovely name!
    I would probably never name a girl straight-up Finn, I LOVE this alternative!

:)
    Iz

Quote Originally Posted by irisrose
    It's nice, but it reminds me of granola somewhat. And I'm not really a fan of the 'ola' sound in general. I much prefer Fiona, which is one of my favorites, but Finola is fine. Fionnuala and Fenella are other versions of the name that I like better.
    Huh it does kinda sound like granola! Thanks. After a few days, I've decided that I like it ok, but not enough to make it on my long list. Thanks again people!