Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gwendolen

Re: Gwendolen/Gwendolyn and ____

Another vote for Gwendolen and Seraphina!

Quote Originally Posted by crunchymama
    Any suggestions for a twin sister to Gwendolen (pref. that spelling, but Gwendolyn is an option)?

I've thought of
    Gwendolen & Annabel
    Gwendolen & Eleanora
    Gwendolen & Angelina
    Gwendolen & Cassandra (doesn't really work w/ our last name)
    Gwendolen & Isabella (I can't bring myself to use Isabella right now)
    Gwendolen & Vivienne (too much "en")
    Gwendolen & Seraphina (just because I'm slightly obsessed w/ that name)

Thanks!

Lemon -- I love love love this name spelled this way. Thank you for suggesting it.
    Yay, Crunchy! I'm so glad you love Gwendolen. I think it is absolutely perfect - stunning, really! - with Scarlett and Penelope!

Gwendolen and Beatrix
    Gwendolen and Camilla - Love with Scarlett and Penelope!
    Gwendolen and Fiona
    Gwendolen and Nicola
    Gwendolen and Rosamond

Beatrix is another favorite of mine, and I think it is great here, but I also love Camilla and Fiona with Scarlett and Penelope. Fiona has iffy nicknames, though...

Gwendolen and Arabella - So, so gorgeous!
    Gwendolen and Aurora
    Gwendolen and Christabel
    Gwendolen and Francesca
    Gwendolen and Larissa - Larissa does feel dated to me...
    Gwendolen and Lucinda - Both have strong D sounds!
    Gwendolen and Mirabelle - I absolutely love this!

Okay, I love - love, love, love! - Gwendolen and Mirabelle, even though Mirabelle already left your list. I just can totally see those two with Carly and Penny's names. Gwendolen is a little more straightforward, though still elegant, like Penelope, and Mirabelle is a little more frilly and romantic, like Scarlett. I also think Arabella is such a stunning name, but something slightly more subdued like Gwendolen and Francesca would fit seamlessly with Scarlett and Penelope, too.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier - my internet has been acting up because of some storms. I hope you go with Gwendolen in the end - I just think it was made for your sibling set!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I thought you had decided on Eleanor and Vivienne! :)
    I love the name Gwendolen- in fact it is on my list in case we ever have another one (along with Penelope which is also gorgeous)! I think it would fit v well with your other girl's names.
    I have added a few comments to your list.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchymama
    Any suggestions for a twin sister to Gwendolen (pref. that spelling, but Gwendolyn is an option)?

I've thought of
    Gwendolen & Annabel -okay
    Gwendolen & Eleanora- I prefer Gwendolen with Eleanor
    Gwendolen & Angelina- too frilly
    Gwendolen & Cassandra (doesn't really work w/ our last name)- ditto above
    Gwendolen & Isabella (I can't bring myself to use Isabella right now)- ditto again
    Gwendolen & Vivienne (too much "en")- fine
    Gwendolen & Seraphina (just because I'm slightly obsessed w/ that name)- again, I find Seraphina much too frilly for Gwendolen.

Thanks!

Lemon -- I love love love this name spelled this way. Thank you for suggesting it.
    I personally see Gwendolen with another vintage, slightly serious but beautiful name. I think those on your list (with the exception of Eleanor) are too frilly.

Gwendolen and:

*Adelaide/ Adeline
    Rosalind
    Louisa
    Alice
    *Beatrix
    Eugenie/ Eulalie
    *Helena
    *Matilda/ Mathilde
    Margaret
    Hazel
    *Florence
    Mabel
    Frances
    *Marguerite
    Cecilia
    Clementine
    *Eliza
    *Clara

* favourites with your sibset.

lol @ mummyto3 -- I am not completely set on Vivienne & Eleanor. It's still on the list though and the more I look at the names together, the more l like it and it feels right.

Gwendolen just appealed to me in a way that my other girls names did right away. I felt like I needed to explore it a bit and I like it w/ Scarlett & Penelope alot. I keep finding these single names I like but can never find a 2nd one!

My favorites w/ Gwendolen (gotta run these by DH)
    Eleanor
    Annabel
    Lucinda *this just sorta jumped out at me when Lemon suggested it
    Mirabelle - yes, it's back on the list! This was actually (Mirabel spelling though, but I actually like this version now) something I looked at in the past. I remember telling a friend the name and she said, "WHAT? Mirabel? yeah you would pick that wouldn't you" (umm... yikes!) I dropped it from my list at that point and that's sorta what kept me from pushing for it this time.
    Aurora - I like this, but for some reason, I have trouble saying Rory (nn) quickly -- it doesn't flow off my tongue.

My question about Gwendolen now is nicknames... Gwen, Wendy, Winnie? I prefer nn's ending in vowels, I feel like they are more "cutesy" (yes, I know that's not always a good thing) Wendy and Winnie might be too close to Penny though. I've tried saying them out loud and it's not too bad.
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

Not to be Lazy with a short response...but I LOVE Gwendolyn and Annabel. I think they are a perfect pair. Well balanced. Very cute. Are you expecting twins? Wow....my name issues could be worse.