Names Searched Right Now:

A brother or sister for Felix

I am not expecting yet, but as a name enthusiast I like thinking of names for my future family!
    However, I have a problem. Someone ruined my favourite girls' name, which was Winter. Our son's name is Felix. It took us so long to come up with the name Felix, we have no other boys names at all!
    My husband and I also have very different tastes when it comes to girls names, so I am continually trying to find something new and different that he might like. Now that Winter is out of the question, he has no suggestions for a girl. I have found that I'm not sure what my style is anymore.
    Boys names I like:
    Max (Maximus)
    Leo
    Henry

Girls names I like:
    Evelyn (Evie or Eve)
    Audrey
    Imogen
    Marian
    Sorrel
    Leonie (my Grandmother's name)
    Amelie
    My two boys:
    Felix Arkham 2010
    Victor Huckleberry 2012

Re: A brother or sister for Felix

Hi!

Felix is fantastic - may I ask what his middle name is?

From your boys' list, I think that Leo and Henry are perfect with Felix, and Leo Henry or Henry Leo would be handsome. Max is great, but I think that it might be too matchy with your son's name, due to the repeated -x endings, and I think that Maximus feels a bit "off" with Felix... Other Max names include Maxwell, Maximo, Maxfield, and Maximilian - from that list, I think that Maxwell would work best with Felix.

Arthur
    August
    Declan
    Dexter
    Edward
    Everett
    Gideon
    Hugo
    Jude
    Julian
    Louis
    Matteo
    Miles
    Milo
    Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Patrick
    Peter
    Quentin
    Ronan
    Sebastian
    Simon

Audrey, Imogen, Leonie, and Amelie are my favorites from your girl's list, with Felix and on their own. Evelyn, Marian, and Sorrel are nice, though I don't love them as much... The last two might be a bit exotic in comparison, but I can see them working. Instead of Winter, what about Winifred, or does that still have the bad association? From your list, first and middle name combos include Audrey Marian, Imogen Sorrel, Leonie Evelyn, Amelie Sorrel, Evelyn Sorrel, Marian Audrey, Sorrel Imogen.

Annabel
    Celia
    Clara
    Clementine
    Cora
    Daphne
    Eleanor
    Eliza
    Eloise
    Emmeline
    Georgia
    Genevieve
    Gwendolen
    Helen
    Helena
    Ivy
    Josephine
    Juliet
    Louisa
    Lucia
    Lucy
    Lydia
    Margaret
    Matilda
    Miranda
    Nola
    Olive
    Penelope
    Phoebe
    Rosalie
    Susanna
    Sylvia
    Violet
    Vivienne
    Willa

Re: A brother or sister for Felix

Hi, thanks for the suggestions!
    Felix's middle name is Arkham, which is a Batman reference. DH was quite insistant that he have a superhero reference in his name, and this was the best I could get. I think that without the reference it seems to be a surname-type name and is quite unusual. People's reactions depend on whether they recognise where it's from or not. So with that in mind, our next child will most likely have some kind of superhero middle name too. I figure you can have fun with the middle name because no one ever has to know!

From the name suggestions, I like the vast majority of them, and certainly like them as a group. The ones that stand out for me are (and this is taking DH's tastes into consideration, if I was naming on my own it would be different):
    Everett
    Julian
    Louis
    Miles
    (You listed three of my brother's names and my father's name in the list!)

And for girls:
    Clementine (I suggested this to DH the other day!)
    Eleanor (I also have a soft spot for Elena and Helena)
    Emmeline
    Helena
    Juliet (I love Julia)
    Lucy (also Lucille)
    Matilda
    Miranda (a long time favourite that I had forgotten about for some reason)
    Olive
    Violet (I do love this...but I sometimes hear 'violent', even though I try hard not to)
    Vivienne (another long time favourite).
    My two boys:
    Felix Arkham 2010
    Victor Huckleberry 2012