Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Baby girl name Hatley

I really love the name Hadley for a girl, even though I'm not normally a huge fan of unisex surnames and/or the -ley ending craze or the Hailey variations, but my husband was dead-set against it so, yea...

Therefore, I can somewhat see the appeal of Hatley, but I honestly I do see a big ole hat when I see the name and you know how when people read teh their brain automatically reads the, I sort of feel like for some reason hately jumps out through Hatley. I do like the nn Hattie as well as Hadley.

I have to say that when I naming my first 3 years ago, I did not see any mention of Hadley. I do see pop up quite a bit now on naming boards. I still wouldn't worry about it being up there with Olivia, Isabella, and Sophia, but it's possible Hatley would have a few Hadley running about around her and then she'd have to explain no, Hatley with an T. Not a big deal, but I try to stay away names that are one letter off from a more common name. It doesn't make the common name uncommon, but rather confusing.

I would go with Hadley over Hatley though.

Big no on Hatley.
    Mother of Gideon Bernard (4/30/09) and Sylvie Louise (9/26/11).

I would consider Hatley if it was a nickname for Harriet as lemon suggested. I also love the name Haddasah for which nn. could also be Hatley especially if you used a middle name ending in ly/lee. Standing alone I'm not the biggest fan because I have a unisex/last name sort of name and it was often interpreted as a boy's name.
    Children are all perfectly and wonderfully made

Names we would consider

Elisabetta, Magdalena, Caralana, Elisende/a, Valencia, Snow

I would consider Hatley if it was a nickname for Harriet as lemon suggested. I also love the name Haddasah for which nn. could also be Hatley especially if you used a middle name ending in ly/lee. Standing alone I'm not the biggest fan because I have a unisex/last name sort of name and it was often interpreted as a boy's name.
    Children are all perfectly and wonderfully made

Names we would consider

Elisabetta, Magdalena, Caralana, Elisende/a, Valencia, Snow

I really dislike Hatley. It sounds like a surname and sounds very unattractive, I'm sorry.