Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nolan or Logan???? Rowan?

Hi berries! :) Well, I have a four year old daughter, Rowan, and we're expecting our second child, a boy in only a few weeks!! We are so excited! Here's the problem. My husband will not even consider any more names for the baby besides Nolan and Logan. The name for the baby will be Nolan Reid or Logan Reid, he says. We have agreed on the middle name, Reid, after his late brother, but I'm not so sure about the first name. I love Nolan, and I really like Logan, but I'm afriad they don't sound good at all with our daughter's name. Rowan and Nolan, Rowan and Logan. I think they all kind of rhyme, with the long o sound, the a, and ending with n. I think they're too close for siblings, but what do you think? Which name fits better, and can you suggest names similar to the names or style to try and convince hubby? Opinions and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. We both want to use Nolan Reid so badly for our son, to honor the great baseball player and hubby's brother, but my husband loves Logan Reid as well. Please help! Thank you so much--any sort of help is needed and appreciated. :)

Re: Nolan or Logan???? Rowan?

I love the name Nolan. Logan is a little to trendy for my taste and I believe it will sound dated here in a few years (kinda like Jennifer does now). Nolan is a handsome and strong name imo. It does sound a little similar to Rowan but if it doesnt bother you then I dont think it is too bad. It could become a tongue twister though later on, that is something to consider.
    Others:
    Mason
    Alec
    Brogan
    Callum
    Colin
    Declan
    Desmond
    Donovan
    Finley
    Gavin
    Graham
    Griffin
    Keenan
    Keegan
    Kieran
    Liam
    Lorcan
    Owen
    Quinton
    Quinlan
    *Under Construction*

I also like Nolan. Have you thought of Griffin? It wouldn't be too rhyme-y with Rowan.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace, Catherine Elise, Rose Genevieve
    James Frederick, Liam Alexander, Patrick Elliot

I agree, Nolan is a great name. I like Logan too. A little rhyme-y, but the most important thing is a first name you both like! Other names with a similar vibe (sporty, surname and/or Irish) for me are:
    Aaron (same ending, but doesn't have the "O" middle")
    Brody
    Chase
    Cole
    Colby
    Connor
    Devin
    Finnegan (Although nn Finn is a little too yuppie/trendy for me)
    Flynn
    Landon
    Oops looking at your other post I see the mn will be Reid - so you probably don't want a one syll fn.

I prefer Nolan over Logan, but I do think that both of them are extremely similar to Rowan...