Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: teen mom's

Re: teen mom's

Quote Originally Posted by lnxn09
    I am a teen mom. I had my son at 17. I am now almost 20 and we are great! we odviously have had a lot of help from my family so appriciate everything they do for you. they will key to you getting through im sure. but what were you thinking of naming your twins?
    i have a post under sibling names,,those have some of the names i like but here are some of my favorites:
    Francesca
    Daniella
    Anabelle
    Josephine
    Gionna
    &Arianna
    Mommy of Aubrie Skye & Kenzey Noelle
    baby girl #3 on the way(:

I'm not a teen mom, but my mother was. And all I can say is do the best you can do you for and your child. And you can still have a full life, but still take care of your child.

I rarely do this, but I am deleting several of these posts that amount to squabbling back and forth about how people are posting. As I think some of you know, we don't tolerate that on nameberry. If you have support or sound advice to offer BAE, please post it here. Judgment, I'm sure she's heard enough, and please no nipping at each other on these boards.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Things like this tend to break my heart. I had my daughter at 19, which is a long way from 15 during that stage of life, and I still felt like a child trying to raise a child. I spent a lot of my time and energy fighting the "teen mom" stigma, but no matter how hard you work, or how much you accomplish, it is something that comes to define you. It's something you deal with on a daily basis. I'm in my late 20's now, and when I talk about my daughter the first question people ask is "how old is she?", then I can see them trying to do the math in their head. Other people are more up front about it and say things like "You look too young to have an 8 year old!", to which I reply "I am". I love my daughter, and I don't ever regret having her. Her dad and I managed to do things people in that position rarely do: 1) we stayed together and 2) we finished college and university. But we struggled. We barely made it. It's not glamourous. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I'm not a teen mom, but I am in my final year of graduate school for social work, and what I would definitely recommend is getting in touch with a social worker, at least after the babies are born (every hospital has social workers, they will probably- or they should- come around and talk to you after the babies are born without you even asking, but also don't be afraid to ask for one!) The social worker can help you get in touch with any services that you might qualify for, parenting classes, headstart and all kinds of other programs. They can definitely be a great resource, as two babies at any age can be incredibly overwhelming.
    Also (as I'm sure you know) don't neglect taking care of yourself now, going for regular doctor visits, getting sleep and eating well, taking prenatal vitamins, etc.
    Best wishes!

oh i forgot to ask- when are they due??
    Favorite girl names: Carys, Marielle, Estella, Behati, Doutzen, Mireille, Sabrina, Caroline, Elizabeth, Paulina, Esme, Anna, Saskia, Avital, Holland, Kaia, Monet, Daisy, Savannah, Eve, Sienna, Jessamine, Siri, Vanessa

Favorite boy names: Otto, Owen, Aaron, Dylan, Daniel, Tristan, Nicholas, Henry, Adam, Benjamin, Noah, Colin, Connor, Liam, Landon, Ethan, Lleyton, Declan, Tanner, Colton, Abraham