Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name for my son?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rowan

10 66.67%
  • Sidney

3 20.00%
  • Morgan

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sidney vs Rowan vs Morgan - help!

Hi everyone,

OK though had decided but now stuck between these 3 combinations...
    Sidney Warren Matthews
    Rowan Francis Matthews
    Morgan Harvey Matthews

So, which one? Would be great if you could comment your reasoning behind the choice!

Thanks, Rachel x

Re: Sidney vs Rowan vs Morgan - help!

Quote Originally Posted by caoimhe
    Hi everyone,

OK though had decided but now stuck between these 3 combinations...
    Sidney Warren Matthews
    Rowan Francis Matthews
    Morgan Harvey Matthews

So, which one? Would be great if you could comment your reasoning behind the choice!

Thanks, Rachel x
    Caveat (I am from the US), but here those names are somewhat x-over girl names so I would suggest a strong masculine name for a middle name. I like Rowan Francis but I am afraid Francis is still a x-over name so people wouldn't be any clearer on the gender.

I love the name Morgan Harvey. I think Morgan is wonderful, and the flow of the name is really nice. It's a tough choice because they're all great, but Morgan is my favorite.

Good luck! :)

Thanks everyone, I don't think the gender cross over is such an issue here - I live in UK... Anyone else from UK think thats a problem?

I just love all the names - can't decide! Anyone else got an opinion on why one is better than the others? Out of interest what sort of people do you see with the names Sidney, Rowan and Morgan?

Thanks, Rachel x

I'm in the UK too and I'd say Sidney (spelt this way instead of Sydney) and Morgan are still very much boys names here. Rowan's always been unisex really and I think is accepted both ways similar to Jordan.

I chose Morgan Harvey because I liked the overall flow. I agree that Rowan needs a more masculine middle name because Rowan Frances could easily be a girls name. Maybe Rowan Harvey? I do like Rowan too.

To be honest I like all three of your names!

I think Sidney Warren sounds very old fashioned and vintage like an old Hollywood movie star name. I'd imagine someone fairly cool and quirky but maybe quiet? It could be a hard name for a teenage boy to live with depending on how confident he is but I do think it sounds good.

Rowan has a hippiesh vibe to me. It sounds laidback but I would worry slightly about it being so unisex. To be honest I think I prefer it on a girl.

Morgan's a good solid name, I think its the name a boy would find the easiest to live with in his teenage years (not to say that Sidney wouldn't more than grow into his name!) but then I would imagine its probably the most common of the names too and maybe the least "special". Having said that, when I hear it I imagine a sporty, cool but well liked child.

Hope that helps!

Oh and which name did you think you'd decided on out of curiosity?
    28 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie, Quentin, Lilac, Otto, Mirabelle, Emrys, Thea, Xavier, Angelica, Harlan, Phoebe, Byron, Tabitha, Lennox