Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you think of RYAN?

My favorite names are classics like James, Henry, William and Luke, but can't use them for different reasons (dh, doesn't go with last name, etc.). As a compromise, my husband and I have arrived at RYAN. Would love to hear some positive feedback regarding this name and be convinced that this is a good choice.
    Thank you!

Re: What do you think of RYAN?

I think Ryan is a great name. It's short and strong. I've had tons of friends named Ryan and have honestly never met a Ryan I didn't like! In college I was best friends with a Ryan, his dorm mates were Brian and Brian. Ryan and Brian were definitely overdone to the point that it got confusing knowing so many of them in my generation/area (I'm 25 from souther California), but that has never made me like the name any less. I think it's a really great choice. And I've only ever met one little Ryan, so that is definitely a good thing! Another thing, despite it being one of the most common names among my peers, it doesn't feel dated to me at all. I think of it as a modern classic!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

It's strong and classic but with a touch of softness that makes it approachable. It's also what I'd consider a "cool" name. A name a boy would like to have!

Of course if you're not convinced there are plenty of other good options, but if you're just looking for some reassurance then I think it's a wonderful choice :)

Good luck!
    28 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie, Quentin, Lilac, Otto, Mirabelle, Emrys, Thea, Xavier, Angelica, Harlan, Phoebe, Byron, Tabitha, Lennox

Ryan is a "modern classic" to me as well; it's very popular and has been for quite awhile, but I think that it's still a great name in spite of that.

I really like this name.