Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: teen mom's

teen mom's

I'm only 15 and having twins!
    I am verrrryy nervous!
    If anyone else is going to be a teen mom,post something,so we can like talk about it!
    Mommy of Aubrie Skye & Kenzey Noelle
    baby girl #3 on the way(:

Re: teen mom's

I had my first at 19 -- so I was just barely in the teens. I was done with high school, in college, and living on my own. I had support from the dad and our parents (mostly) and it was still very difficult.
    Being a mom is extremly rewarding, but also extremely difficult. The best piece of advice I can give you is to build a support system. You need to have people you can count on, lean on, ask advice, get tips, get a break... but not someone who is going to do everything for you either.

I'm not sure what other tips or advice I can give. I don't know how far along you are, if you are considering adoption at this point, if the father is in the picture, if you parents (or his parents) are supportive, etc.

Do relax though...take care of yourself. You can do this! Don't let people belittle you or tell you that you can't. Educate yourself, establish/re-establish your priorities, and strive to be the best mom!
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

I'm not but good luck!
    had twins at 18 :) xxx

I'm not a teen mom, but I've watched enough of the show Teen Mom and done enough babysitting to give some advice...
    Do everything you can to stay with the dad, because, especially with twins, you'll need him.
    Do everything you can to stay in school. I'm guessing you'll be a sophomore in high school? You'll have to work very hard because you need to graduate.
    Find supportive friends and family or else this experience will be so much harder.
    If you haven't, I would strongly suggest considering adoption. There is a girl in my homeroom who was pregnant (I think she already had the baby) and she found a family to adopt her baby. Apparently her older sister did the same thing and couldn't be happier.
    While I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I just want to encourage you to think of what's best for you and your kids. I'm about your same age, almost 16, and I can't even imagine how difficult your situation must be. But you have to think of your hopes and dreams, and what you would want for your kids. For example, I want to be a teacher, but if I got pregnant now, during my junior year, it would be so much more difficult for me to provide the life I want for myself and children.

I know this is a tough situation, and I hope you make the decision that is best for your children and yourself. No matter what you decide, good luck.

I am a teen mom. I had my son at 17. I am now almost 20 and we are great! we odviously have had a lot of help from my family so appriciate everything they do for you. they will key to you getting through im sure. but what were you thinking of naming your twins?