Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Irish boy's name tournament (Elite Eight)

Edited to mention that this round has closed. The eliminated names and the ones that made it to the next round (and that round of the game itself) are mentioned in the thread whose URL is below:
    http://nameberry.com/nametalk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11477

Last March I posted eight boy's names of Irish origin that I like in a thread with a poll. I re-visited that post and decided to start a tournament with those names (since that is a nice round number for one).

Here's the bracket, seeded by number of votes in the poll from that thread with support in the thread posts serving as the tiebreaker when necessary.

Connor vs. Riley
    Rory vs. Sullivan

Rowan vs. Casey
    Ryan vs. Nolan

The first round will run from now until the time mentioned below* on Wednesday, July 7, after which I'll tabulate the results for the Final Four (each round will last for about a half-week or so). Indicate which name you want eliminated from each line, and the one with the most Nameberryites voting so will be eliminated. The winners from each line will then face the name in the line immediately above or below it (without a space). The finals will have the names winning from each two-line group facing each other, and that name will be the winner of this tournament.

*Edit: See the first post on the second page (#11) regarding a possible extension of the cutoff. Edit again: The game will end at 6:00 P.M. U.S. CDT or when it falls to the second page, whichever comes first.

Re: Irish boy's name tournament (Elite Eight)

Cool idea :-)

I vote to eliminate
    Riley
    Sullivan
    Casey
    Nolan

Boys: Raphael, Daniel, Luca, Thomas, Casimir, Augustine, Leo, Nicholas, William, Tarquin, Alexander, Tristan, Ezekiel, Matthias, Reuben, Diarmid, Micah

Girls: Sophia, Emily, Cassandra, Lily, Natasha, Charlotte, Alessandra, Genevieve, Juliet, Isadora, Lydia, Susannah, Ophelia, Zoe, Elizabeth, Rosalie