Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nicknames for Sebastian?

I love the name Sebastian but I need nn options! I don't like Seb or Bass or Bastian. I don't mind it if its a bit of a stretch. I was thinking Bas, like the bas part of basil... but not crazy about that either. Ideas??!

Re: Nicknames for Sebastian?

Sebastian really doesnt have any good nns to be honest with you. If you love the name then I say use it. Sebastian is a handsome and stunning name that doesnt need to be ruined by any nn imo. If you are worried about your son not having a nn, I say dont fret. Nick names will come that will likely have nothing to do with your son fn but will have personal meaning to you.
    *Under Construction*

I agree with leah_9. If you want a nickname maybe his middle name has a nickname and he can go by his middle name nn.
    A twin hoping for twins

I also agree with leah_9 that you shouldn't worry about a nickname. I love the name myself and don't have any nicknames I like either. If the name seems a bit long to you, in the middle spot either use a shorter name or one that lends easily to a nickname.

Sebastian doesn't offer many good nicknames, aside from Bastien (I pronounce it Bas-T-en).

Ashton or Ian would be nice but I feel like they take away from the feel of Sebastian. Your fall back will probably be Seb, honestly. Everyone gets called by the first few letters of their name.

Since I also pronounce Basil as Bah-zil/Bahs-il, I think Bas is cute. 'Bayz' isn't too much of a stretch.

Tian (T-un)
    Sebas
    Sebby

Or, just wait until something comes to you. Buddy or Bubba might stick, or a happy baby might lead to Sunny.