Thread: Decipher

Decipher

I was wondering if anybody had done a game with the meaning of names, so we're going to try this out.

So, how the game works is, each peron writes a sentence or phrase down and the next person has to use names that correlate to that meaning. There can obviously be more than one translation, and some may have none, so please try to use words you know somebody can decipher [but you can still do those tricky ones ].

*Word names are allowable*

For example,

She smiles and dances in the autumn rain.
    Translation: Erendira Minuet Jora

Got it?

Phrase: "the apple of my eye"

Translate!
    {Margaret Beatrice Susannah Persis "Peg" ⭐︎ Temperance Flavia Oonagh Elizabeth "Percy"}
    {Christian Amias Patrick Smith "Kitto" ⭐︎ Edgar Thomas Clement Pascoe "Ed"}

“Catch the foxes for us, The little foxes that are ruining in the vineyards, While our vineyards are in blossom.” ~ Song of Solomon 2:15

Hitomi Pomeline

Phrase: "sweet music"

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!

Jill Melodi

Time of the day

Horace Delbert

The Greek myth of Atalanta.
    Tekla

Aspiring Writer, Reader, and Teenberry
    Love my Furbaby Margot

Girls: 1. Jessamine 2. Signe 3. Matilda 4. Imogen 5. Freyja 6. Teresa nn Tessa 7. Eloise 8. Saskia 9. Linnéa 10. Sunniva
    Boys: 1. Jasper 2. Gabriel 3. Thorin 4. Fabian 5. Björn 6. Isaac 7. Abel 8. Caleb 9. Felix 10. Otto
    Guilty Pleasures: Gwyneira, Amelina, Anouk, Sofonisba, Gerhard, Valentin, and Laszlo
    Guilty Pleasure of the Day: Runa & Cristóbal
    Fave Combos: Freyja Melusine and Thorin Milo