Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Russian/Ukrainian baby girl names

looking for a Russian/Ukrainian baby girl name. Our boy pick is Maksim....so something that would compliment that.

So far I have Calina, Irina, Anya (dh doesn't love anya...which is sad b/c that is my first pick)

I love the name Yeva (which I think is slovakian rather than russian but was my baba's name).

I'm wondering how people would pronounce it. We always pronounced it yEE-va so that the y was almost silent...much like Eva. I'm wondering if we would get YEV-a though.

How would you pronounce Yeva??

Re: Russian/Ukrainian baby girl names

I probably would have pronounced Yeva YEE-va had the title of this thread not had 'Russian' in - that made me pronounce it YAY-va.

Some more Russian names (I love the spunky Anya by the way) :
    Petra
    Vera
    Ekaterina
    Yelizaveta/Elizaveta
    Yelena
    Oksana
    Annika.

Good luck! Auburn

If I saw the name Yeva, I would most likely think it was pronounced YEV-a. That is a nice name. I like Petra too.

I would pronounce Yeva, YAY-va, like Ava with a Y before it. I love Maksim! Great pick. I LOVE Anya. Calina is very pretty, and Irina feels a bit old to me, but that's because I don't know any young ones. It'd be sweet on a little girl, I think. Some other names you might like:

Tatiana
    Galina
    Katarina
    Nadya
    Natalya
    Stefanya
    Valya
    Viera
    Yana
    Zoya
    Sonia
    Katya
    Dasha
    Angelina
    Magda
    "Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker