Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: A great baby naming style quiz!

xotic Traditional
    You scored 26 popularity, 63 history, 43 creativity, and 51 texture!
    You like uncommon, traditional, real, names with history behind them. Some people will think you made the name up, and you'll have to be willing to give impromtu history lessons, but at least your kid will stand out from all the Emily's, Hannah's and Isabella's. Some of these names have a more common nickname that you can use, which might make things easier for your child at times. Online, many of the users at www.bigbadbabynames.com fit into this catagory. The naming style most unlike yours is Tryndee. You probably think Tryndee names are the craptastic products of an inane hive mind. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with somone who has that naming style. Other catagories with names you might like are: Literary, Ethnic, Androgynous, Classic

http://babynamelover.wordpress.com/

Ethnic

You scored 46 popularity, 79 history, 51 creativity, and 92 texture!

You like uncommon, traditional names that have a definate flair, but still have roots in reality. Like Ethnic names. Maybe you've done research and found out that your grandfather only became Bob Smith because the clerk at Ellis Island had too much trouble with his real name. Or maybe you lived in another country and love the names that are common there.Try looking up your ethnic roots at www.behindthename.com , there's lists of names for a wide variety of ethic groups. One word of caution- do your research, and know the language and culture that goes with the name. Don't just believe what it says in a baby name book about Neveah being Slavic for Butterfly. Other catagories with names you might like are: Weird Magic, Exotic Traditional, Legendary, Old-Fashioned The naming style most unlike yours is Popular. You probably think those names are overused and lacking in roots. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with somone who has that naming style.

Classic
    You scored 56 popularity, 75 history, 28 creativity, and 72 texture!

You like common, traditional names that are solid and down to earth. Some people might even call them boring, but they're fine names that have stood the test of time. In the book The Baby Name Wizard, try looking under Timeless, or Solid Citizens. Online, many of the people at www.bigbadbabynames.com like Classic names. The naming style most unlike yours is Kre8tyve. You probably think names like Jaysin and Mackeighli are horrible, and feel sorry for babies inflicted with those names, as they are doomed to years of explaining how their name is spelled. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with somone who has that naming style. Other catagories with names you might like are: Biblical, Old-Fashioned, Princes and Princesses, Exotic Traditional
    Mama to Edward ('02), Adelaide ('05), Isaac ('06), Oliver ('10), twins Sebastian & Eleanor ('11) and Felix ('14)

I'm kre8tyve. I have to admit. I like out there and creative names. If its a word and It sounds right, I immediately put it on my list. For example:

Soul
    Pink
    Fox
    Wolf
    Indio
    Nirvana
    Song
    Singer
    Onyx
    Tigres
    Taiga
    A twin hoping for twins

I couldn't help it, I had to do this, haha :)

Exotic Traditional

You scored 42 popularity, 67 history, 42 creativity, and 72 texture!
    You like uncommon, traditional, real, names with history behind them. Some people will think you made the name up, and you'll have to be willing to give impromtu history lessons, but at least your kid will stand out from all the Emily's, Hannah's and Isabella's. Some of these names have a more common nickname that you can use, which might make things easier for your child at times. Online, many of the users at www.bigbadbabynames.com fit into this catagory. The naming style most unlike yours is Tryndee. You probably think Tryndee names are the craptastic products of an inane hive mind. It's not likely you'll find many names to agree on with somone who has that naming style. Other catagories with names you might like are: Literary, Ethnic, Androgynous, Classic