Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Upper crusty British girl names

Claudia Schiffer's choice of Cosima got me thinking after I read the description on here:

The kind of exotic name the British upper classes love to use for their daughters...

What are other examples of this in your opinion? There is a British Girl Name list on here with good suggestions, but surely there are additional great ones, like Cosima, that are not included. Any ideas?

I love things like Clementine, Poppy, Pippa, and Plum, but those all seem generic now! Do you think?? Needing other options... Thanks!

Re: Upper crusty British girl names

Talullah. this screams british upper class. also, Imogen. I think you really see the quirkiness in the full combo, like Poppy Honey Eleanor or Beatrice Blossom Mary. I love how they're usually more traditional with boys' names and wilder with the girls, like announcements will read:

a new daughter, Tallulah Trixie Alice, sister to Henry, William, and Jasper.

Arabella feels so aristocratic, posh, and very British upper class. At least in my opinion... but I'm biased since that is what we are naming our baby girl due in Oct.

I love British taste in names:

Honey
    Georgiana
    Freya
    Arabella

are ones that I love and originally saw in Brit name lists..

27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox