Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Caroline- Southern name???

Caroline just sounds classic and pretty to me.

I love the name Caroline and I don't think it sounds too southern. Maybe you're thinking it sounds southern because of the Carolinas which are in the south?

I don't think you could go wrong with either Wren Caroline or Wren Charlotte...they're both beautiful names.

I love Caroline! It was on my list until we moved to South Carolina and I decided that would just be weird.

I think Little House on the Prairie, not Southern ;)

I live in Australia and when you said it sounded southern I didn't get it till someone mentioned South Carolina. I don't think for a minute that you should overlook Caroline just because there is a state with that name in it.

In Australia we have the state of Victoria and there are many, many Victorias here without a hint of it being seen as the name of a state, it would never have crossed our minds. In the state of South Australia we also have the city of Adelaide and again this beautiful name is used without any reference to the city.

Go ahead use Caroline or Carolyn it is a great name. (It is my name). It is a classical name that never goes out of style and always sounds perfect whatever era it is used in.
    Psalm 23

Thank you people! I don't know WHY it sounded southern belle to me- it just did. Perhaps- it is more popular in the south but not strictly a southern name ? You think it would bring to mind images of the Kennedy era for me- but it just did'nt. However, I think I will pick it over another middle name because of it has family history- I just did'nt want her name sounding too "country".