Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Jane?

Mary Jane?

Does everyone think of the shoe when they hear the name Mary Jane? I love the first name Mary and I want a MN with a significant literary meaning. Jane is one of my favorite Austen characters. I can't use Anne or Alice for a middle name. Any other ideas if you think Mary Jane doesn't work?

Re: Mary Jane?

Mary Jane is pretty common slang for marijuana, enough that it would be a big problem for a growing child or even an adult.

Try:
    Mary Elizabeth
    Mary Louisa
    Mary Frances
    Mary Camille

Mary Jane is my favorite Mary combo but everyone would automatically think of weed/pot/marijuana..i love mary jane shoes but that didnt even cross my mind
    Vote for Scarlett Mahealani as Gerber Baby 2012! Help my berry win a college scholarship C: Voting begins Sept 4th!

Here's the link to vote, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you! https://apps.facebook.com/gerberps/d...nt=your_entry1

The only thing I think of with Mary Jane is pot. Drawing up an image of a shoe is the least of your worries! :) I love all of the suggestions.

My late mother, Mary Jane, grew up in the 1930s and '40s before the name had any such connotations. I understand the concern, but - given that it's my mother's name -- I just see Mary Jane as a lovely, lovely name.

Other Mary combinations:

Mary Joan
    Mary Elise
    Mary Elena
    Mary Charlotte
    Mary Susannah
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)