Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: What do you call your grandmother/grandfather?

My father's step mother insisted on "Granny" which to this day makes me feel rediculous saying and his father was "Granpa" (no "D" sound). My mothers side it is traditional that the grandmother is "Mama" and their first name. (I'm thinking this is a southern thing). So My mother's mother was "Mama Nell". My mother's father died before I came along but he would have insisted on "Granfather" (straight laced kinda dude).

Well my paternal grandparents are Granny and Opa, and always have been. I don't know how or why they chose that though.
    My Mother's parents divorced and remarried before I was born. My Mom's Mother and her husband were always Grandma and Grandpa Jack. And my Mom's Dad and his wife are my Granddad and Nana. It's a lot easier with that many grandparents if they all have their own 'name'. If they were all just 'Grandma and Grandpa', I think it would have been a lot more confusing as a child

I call one set, Grandma and Grandpa, and the other set, Nana and Papa.
    My personal name list on behindthename: http://www.behindthename.com/pnl/89873/89696.
    My List of Name Combos: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9745611
    Please vote.

I have Grandmommy and Granddad, and Dee and Granddaddy

Dee's name is Judy, so I think that's where she got it from. Her mother went by Dearie, so it may also be a tribute to that. My mom's name is Lauren; she jokes that she wants her grandma name to be Lolly, and my dad can be Pop ;) But maybe she can be La, that would be cute.

I've always called my maternal grandmother "grandma" and my maternal grandfather was "granddaddy" My paternal grandparents were grandma amick and granddaddy amick (i never knew my Paternal grandfather, he passed away before i was born, my paternal grandmother passed when i was about 10 and my maternal grandfather passed in July of 2004)