Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What are Your Grandfathers' Names?

The grandmother name topic was the coolest idea - thanks, Lilibet! Let's do grandfathers too! What are your grandfathers' names? (Great grandfathers, too, if you know)

My grandfathers:

1. Luther Melanchthon (named after historical figures Martin Luther & Philipp Melanchthon)
    2. August Bernhardt

My great grandfathers:
    1. Henry Samuel
    2. Carl Philipp
    3. William Henry
    4. John Henry

My grandfather, August, reportedly hated his name and would sign his name A. B. H ---n. When he was 87 yrs. old (and I was 14), I told him I'd name a son after him someday. (Back then, it did not occur to me that my future husband would have to agree.) As it turned out, my husband only approved a similar name, Austin. (Austin is a short form of Augustine derived from Augustus.) I think my grandfather would be so amazed to know his name August has had a comeback!
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve).

My grandpa's name was Roy. It's a pretty common name for his age group where I'm from. It's his dad's name, my great-grandpa, who I think is really interesting. It's a name, much like one of my great-grandma's, that I can't find on any name site. At least, none I've come across so far. My grandma's dad's name though, I really like, and it's Easton; which I was shocked to see is actually a name in the top 1000 now days, but wasn't that popular way back then.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 20!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

Eugene Lefter

Vermont Oliver

I like Oliver but DH doesn't.

♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites May 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Clara, Juniper, Jane, Amelia, Arabella, Imogen, Beatrice, Charlotte
    the rest of the girls

William, Morgan, Jasper, Gilbert, Sebastian, Henry, Arthur, Horatio, Aloysius, Edgar
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Imogen Viola,/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

Grandpas: Robert Manuel & Charles Wesley

Great-Grandpas: Miguel, Francisco ; Clyde Malvern II, Harley Fred
    Maximus Alexander (2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"