Names Searched Right Now:
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Circumcision

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    Meh. I'm pretty neutral on the subject but my husband is very anti-smegma, so our sons will most likely be circumcised.
    Women have more smegma than men, so why is this about your sons?
    Smegma is about as toxic and abundent as earwax. It's an extraordinary thing to be "very anti-" about.

Quote Originally Posted by bornthisway. View Post
    No. As miloowen already stated, female circumcision is extremely different than male circumcision.
    Truth by assertion? Excuse me if I do not take miloowen's word, but follow the links I have provided.
    How do you know babies hate it?
    Easy. They shriek - and people who've heard it say it's eeriliy different from a baby's normal cry. They may stop breathing. They may go into shock.
    Men hate it later? I haven't known one man that's later said, "man, I wish my parents hadn't circumcised me."
    No man is going to admit to being unhappy about his penis until he's sure he's in a sympathetic environment. But now, thanks to the Internt, men can complain anonymously, and (as posted earlier) here are nearly 140 of them.
    According to the CDC, "it is possible, but not yet adequately assessed, that male circumcision could reduce male-to-female transmission of HIV, although probably to a lesser extent than female-to-male transmission."
    Wawer et al. (Lancet 374:9685, 229-37) started to show that circumcising men INcreases the risk to women, but that was cut short for no good reason before that could be confirmed. There is a good reason it could do so. The keratinised circumcised glans could well be more likely than the smooth intact one to make micro-tears in the vagina, and micro-tears are well known to be entry points for HIV.

Pam, can we please end this thread? The guy is a troll and he needs to post his stuff elsewhere. This is about names.

Quote Originally Posted by miloowen View Post
    Pam, can we please end this thread? The guy is a troll and he needs to post his stuff elsewhere. This is about names.
    I'll shut it down (I'm the thread starter who started it back in 2010, and like I've said since the reason resurrection of this thread I've tried to stay out of it except for one post).
    Last edited by namefan; February 18th, 2012 at 07:57 PM. Reason: clarification