Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

REAL pregnancy symptoms from REAL moms

Heys moms!! Id love to know each of your early pregnancy symptoms.. Ive read lots online, in books, and of course, just the common knowledge stuff, but Id love some insight on different, strange/unique pregnancy symptoms you had! Especailly very early on symptom! Thanks all:)

Re: REAL pregnancy symptoms from REAL moms

Quote Originally Posted by sara_1211
    Heys moms!! Id love to know each of your early pregnancy symptoms.. Ive read lots online, in books, and of course, just the common knowledge stuff, but Id love some insight on different, strange/unique pregnancy symptoms you had! Especailly very early on symptom! Thanks all:)
    Every one of my pregnancies has been different. With my oldest, I was EXTREMELY fatigued all the time. I had to take 3 to 4 naps a day or I was really grumpy.

My second pregnancy was interesting...I got nosebleeds. I'd be driving down the road and I'd get one, very frustrating. I also had this metallic taste in my mouth that would not go away for the first six weeks or so. It was like chewing on aluminum foil. Gross!

With my daughter, Livi, I never really noticed anything out of the ordinary, but this pregnancy I had really bad charley horses early on and then my nose became swollen...there's an old wife's tale that this is a sign of a girl. I don't know if its true or not, although MY ultrasound says I'm having a girl. I do know, however, that I look like I was punched awhile back. :(

I hiccupped at least once every half hour throughout my ENTIRE first pregnancy. It was super annoying. They were loud and powerful and sometimes they hurt. Also, in the begining I had soooo many food aversions. Meat of any kind turned my stomach, the smell and taste. Cheesecake and Chocolate cake also repulsed me. All I could eat for the first part was Bananas and Potatoes.

For me, a couple of the very first symptoms were a very heightened sense of smell (in hindsight why I was so uncomfortable on bus rides in the hot late fall weather on my way to and from work) and, one I don't see discussed too much, but I do certainly remember it being quite distinct: I had dull, local pains in my vagina like little, swollen knots and sometimes the overall feeling like my gentials were swelling up like a balloon. Apparently it's just veins getting 'over full' in anticipation of carrying the baby and nothing to worry about, but for me it was certainly a signal that something was a little amiss.

I knew I was PG within days of conceiving, but had to wait two weeks to confirm it with a HPT... Those were the longest two weeks of my life!! (Even longer than the week I spent overdue with my darling babe ;)

I had major insomnia. Every morning at 2am I was wide awake. I am normally a good sleeper so this was very out of the ordinary and noticable. I also wanted really acidic fruits early on. One morning I drank nearly half a gallon of pineapple juice! Also had a craving for green grapes (not something we ever buy...) These were all like 4-5 dpo.

I remember thinking it was weird that I didn't get the brst tenderness or other signs you hear about (esp since with just my regular cycle I always did...) So you just can't predict how your body will react!

Good luck!! Its such an exciting time!!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!