Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Middle name for James

Due 8/23 with our first and its a boy. I agreed to James after my husband's grampa (James Wilson Nyx). My husband is Andrew Wilson Nyx and he wants to continue mn Wilson, but I don't want 'n' ending with our surname. My solution was mn Walter. However it is my paternal grampa's name, the problem is that grampa Walt was a worthless, fill-in-the-blank, who abandoned my dad and his brothers...needless to say, while I like the name we just cannot use it.

With our surname I need a mn that doesn't end with 'n', doesn't have and 'x', 's' or 'ck/k', and has at least 2 syllables.

This eliminates some of my favorite family names (Felix, Alan, Bruce, Scott, Halsten, Stokes, Sykes) and most boy names I'm just fond of like Silas, Quinn, Calvin, Atticus, Barnabas, and Titus.

Besides the unusable Walter, I like Everett, Emmett, Henry, but none really strike me as the best option.

Please help me find the right middle name for James :-)
    ...Mommy of 2 handsome boys, James Hamilton (3yrs) and Silas Augustine (1.5yrs). New addition 10/14!
    Girls- Blythe, Adeline, Freya, Sabina, Lydia, Vesper
    Boys- Isaac, Archer, Henry, Barnabas, Caleb, Gideon
    www.savingsons.org

Re: Middle name for James

i like james everett and james atticus x

Oh, another thing... Middle names beginning with any vowel poses some possible problems with initials--

James Everett Nyx -J.E.N (I have 3 best friends named Jen and my initials are J.E.N. So its a little much)
    James Atticus Nyx- J.A.N, - my MIL is Janice

J.I.N./J.O.N. are okay but I can't think of an "I" or "O"name that I like, and I can't fathom a "U" name.

Sooooo, I'm even more stumped now!
    ...Mommy of 2 handsome boys, James Hamilton (3yrs) and Silas Augustine (1.5yrs). New addition 10/14!
    www.savingsons.org

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

So love Edward, but alas, I would be remiss if I didn't confess that I read the Twilight saga and saw the movies.

Wyatt is good, and Hasting has some allure, but there's a Hasting's store here.
    www.savingsons.org