Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: please help, my children want to name the baby 'Tinkerbelle'

Quote Originally Posted by beckaa
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon
    Hi!

Eloise and Cecily Becka are my favorites off the list. Cecily Plum probably has the best flow, and the set of Jack, Nola, and Cecily is ideal!

And, if your children really want to call her Tinkerbelle, then so be it. But, you could always choose a -belle name, such as Mirabelle, so she could be a "Tinkerbelle" of sorts! Mirabelle Becka? Cute!

Lemon :-)

love Mirabel(le), and it has such a nice meaning. Would have to rethink mn since a Mirabelle is a type of plum.
    That it is! Wow, you could "kill two birds with one stone," or so to speak. I do think that Mirabelle is classic enough to go with Jack and Nola, yet it has that slightly unusual feminine twist that Nola has, too. I personally prefer the Mirabelle spelling to Mirabel, even though I generally prefer 'less frilly' choices (Juliet to Juliette). Jack, Nola, and Mirabelle?

Any other one- or two-syllable family names you might like to use as a middle name? Do you always use family names as middle names? Otherwise, something like Mirabelle Frances Becka would be pretty...

"Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Middle name will probably be Plum (family name), but that isn't set in stone.

atm we have the following:

Coralie - love
    Eloise - love
    Adele
    Cecily - beyond love
    Sylvie - love
    Lila (husband's contribution, but for me, way too trendy and sing-songy with Nola, but thought i'd mention it)

Mirabelle is gorgeous, too.
    Love middle name Plum. So cool that Mirabelle is a kind of plum.

Quote Originally Posted by beckaa
    Hi!

Eloise and Cecily Becka are my favorites off the list. Cecily Plum probably has the best flow, and the set of Jack, Nola, and Cecily is ideal!

And, if your children really want to call her Tinkerbelle, then so be it. But, you could always choose a -belle name, such as Mirabelle, so she could be a "Tinkerbelle" of sorts! Mirabelle Becka? Cute!

love Mirabel(le), and it has such a nice meaning. Would have to rethink mn since a Mirabelle is a type of plum.
    That it is! Wow, you could "kill two birds with one stone," or so to speak. I do think that Mirabelle is classic enough to go with Jack and Nola, yet it has that slightly unusual feminine twist that Nola has, too. I personally prefer the Mirabelle spelling to Mirabel, even though I generally prefer 'less frilly' choices (Juliet to Juliette). Jack, Nola, and Mirabelle?

Any other one- or two-syllable family names you might like to use as a middle name? Do you always use family names as middle names? Otherwise, something like Mirabelle Frances Becka would be pretty...

I don't HAVE to use a family name, though i do love Plum at this point. We've already honored one of my grandmothers (DD's Zee is for Zona, my grandmother was known as Zee) so I'd hate to leave DH's grandmother out (Plum), though I guess technically speaking, since a Mirabelle is a TYPE of plum....but maybe that's pushing it.

Cecily is currently my fav, but my husband is not a fan and swears he will call her Lily if we go with Cecily, which I guess could be cute.

Hi!

What a gorgeous selection of names! I love all of them (oh, and please don't count this as a biased opinion- Cecily is only my username)! I'd pick Eloise or Sylvie; they feel very spunky to me, like Jack and Nola!

Eloise Plum Becka or Sylvie Plum Becka? They both flow wonderfully, in my opinion. However, Sylvie *could* be a nickname, like Jack or Nola, so it works well in that sense. On the other hand, Eloise Plum might be better, as Sylvie Plum might sound like "silver plum"... Probably just me overthinking things, though!

Why don't you narrow the list a bit more, "meet" your daughter when she arrives, and then pick the name that suits her best?

Good luck! :)

Hi, again!

Like I said, Cecily Plum is adorable. Your husband could call her Cece if he doesn't care for Cecily, or Lily, if he must.

As for Grandma Plum, perhaps you could use her middle or maiden name as a middle name for Mirabelle? Or, what about a birth month or flower? For instance, if she was born in June, you could use Mirabelle June to honor her. Or, if she was born in February you could use Violet, for the birth flower, and name her Mirabelle Violet. Or, you could even use a birth stone - if she was born in January, you could use Mirabelle Garnet! I think honoring a relative can be done in many different ways other than merely using a person's name, personally, and, like you said, Mirabelle being a type of plum puts you that much closer!

Good luck!

"Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude