Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

please help, my children want to name the baby 'Tinkerbelle'

Our baby girl is due in a week and I can not decide on a name. I have learned my lesson and will wait till baby is born and named before mentioning names to my family/friends again. We have a son (Jack) and a daughter (Nola Zee--goes by Nola/Nola Zee) and our last name is a common first name--Becka. I plan on taking more than one name to the hospital when she is born, but would like some non-biased opinions from strangers on how certain names are received/fit with sibset/sound with last name. Similar name suggestions welcome--trying to avoid names ending in -a.

Middle name will probably be Plum (family name), but that isn't set in stone.

atm we have the following:

Coralie
    Eloise
    Adele
    Cecily
    Sylvie
    Lila (husband's contribution, but for me, way too trendy and sing-songy with Nola, but thought i'd mention it)

thanks!

Re: please help, my children want to name the baby 'Tinkerbelle'

Hi!

Eloise and Cecily Becka are my favorites off the list. Cecily Plum probably has the best flow, and the set of Jack, Nola, and Cecily is ideal!

And, if your children really want to call her Tinkerbelle, then so be it. But, you could always choose a -belle name, such as Mirabelle, so she could be a "Tinkerbelle" of sorts! Mirabelle Becka? Cute!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

i like eloise the best
    i also like sadie with jack and nora x

My favorites from your list would be Sylvie and Eloise, I think Sylvie works best in your sibset though Eloise has a better flow
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by lemon
    Hi!

Eloise and Cecily Becka are my favorites off the list. Cecily Plum probably has the best flow, and the set of Jack, Nola, and Cecily is ideal!

And, if your children really want to call her Tinkerbelle, then so be it. But, you could always choose a -belle name, such as Mirabelle, so she could be a "Tinkerbelle" of sorts! Mirabelle Becka? Cute!

Lemon :-)

love Mirabel(le), and it has such a nice meaning. Would have to rethink mn since a Mirabelle is a type of plum.