Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Edison?

Edison?

Hi! While DH and I have loved Jamie for years, I've recently fallen head over heels for Edison. I feel it would age better than Jamie, but still has the laid-back nn Eddie.

What are your opinions on Edison? Do you like it better than Jamie? Any sibling names stick out?

Thanks for any replies!

Re: Edison?

Well, I don't really like Thomas Edison since he publicly electrocuted animals with the opposition's current to try to prove that it was dangerous.

Edison is an interesting and up and coming pick. It ages well and does have Eddie as the nickname. Most people strongly associate it with Thomas Edison if that doesn't bother you. If you like Jamie but don't think it ages well how about Jamison/Jameson nn Jamie? Jamie could be a cute nickname and Jamison is very handsome on an adult.
    "Four be the things I'd have been better without: love, curiosity, freckles and doubt." -Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by fay
    Well, I don't really like Thomas Edison since he publicly electrocuted animals with the opposition's current to try to prove that it was dangerous.
    Umm...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by freckles
    Edison is an interesting and up and coming pick. It ages well and does have Eddie as the nickname. Most people strongly associate it with Thomas Edison if that doesn't bother you. If you like Jamie but don't think it ages well how about Jamison/Jameson nn Jamie? Jamie could be a cute nickname and Jamison is very handsome on an adult.
    Thanks! As I told jill, my husband loves Jameson whiskey, so the name is out. And no, the Edison association doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, I think Edison was a brilliant man and a great namesake.