Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: If we have a third boy...

@ boysmom2 -- I love your enthusiasm, and I'm happy to see that other moms of boys are in the same boat as I am... would love a girl but am truly excited about the prospect (and fun) of three boys! Are you familiar with the site in-gender.com? Those women have lots of tips to "sway" for a girl...

Rhys was on our list waaay back when (our Leo was going to be a Rhys), still like it but am not sure about it with Leo & Asher.. you think it fits? What are people's perceptions of Rhys? Part of me sees it as a bit snobby...

I love Graham and Hugh... I think DH likes Hugh too...we'll have to talk about it. He's totally sold on Oliver, though, so it will be tough. MN for Oliver would be either Henry or Raymond.

It's funny, I feel weird sharing our girl's name, perhaps because that still feels impossible, having a girl, and sharing her name would be like living in a fantasy... weird, I know! Anyhow, our girl choices are:

Mika Renata
    Sylvie Renata

(We're also considering Cora, Maxine, Naomi, Juliet, Eliza)

I love Mika (Mee-ka) and have for a LONG time, but would really like to have the name Sylvie in there somewhere because it honors a dear aunt--she's so awesome that I would rather use Sylvie as a first name than not at all. Don't think Mika Sylvie flows very well, though. The MN is not carved in stone, but Renata was DH's late grandma so we would both like to use it. BTW, our last name is French, two syllables, "LaXxxxxx".

Sorry for rambling on.... love hearing everyone's thoughts!

@ boysmom2, if you happen to return here, what are your sons' names?

Quote Originally Posted by amimi
    @ boysmom2, if you happen to return here, what are your sons' names?
    Amimi-

Well sounds like we are really are like 2 peas in a pod as believe it or not, my sons names are Owen Joseph and Rhys Patrick!! I did not want to say I had a Rhys when I suggested that -it just popped in my head as sounding pretty cool with Leo and Asher! We had originally picked "Reece" and I was stressed about which spelling since it seemed like such a different name when written Rhys, but my husband liked the fact it was Celtic like Owen and most men we asked all said they thought it was more masculine. I have been thinking about what name I would go with if we have a third boy - which is most likely and Asher has been my #1 pick - which is how I stumbled across your post, researching Asher! Anyway I think it is so gorgeous, just still not sure how it fit with Owen and Rhys!

Your girl names are wonderful, love Sylvie- has such charm. I think they are all great. Did you know the gender of either pregnancies and do you think you will find out this time? and for the record I think Nate and Oliver are both wonderful but for some silly reason I don't love Oliver with Leo and Asher. I think the O sound in Oliver and Leo bothers me? but I am big on sib names flowing and most would think that was really picky! Good luck, girl or boy!! you have great taste in names.

p.s. I should also tell you that the feedback I have gotten about Rhys' name has been positive. Many people don't know how to say it but once they learn it is Reece they always compliment him. There is a lot of feedback on the name on this site too! good luck.

Jude, Leo and Ash - how cute!