Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Siblings for Jamie

Hi, everyone! Expecting twins in November, sex unknown. We have been throwing around Jamie Estlin Ramone for a while. Any ideas for a brother for Jamie? Any alternate name suggestions? (Unfortunately, James is of the table. Last name starts and ends with S)

Re: Siblings for Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by gmarie
    Hi, everyone! Expecting twins in November, sex unknown. We have been throwing around Jamie Estlin Ramone for a while. Any ideas for a brother for Jamie? Any alternate name suggestions? (Unfortunately, James is of the table. Last name starts and ends with S)
    Hi! You may also like Jameson, nickname Jamie. Jameson S____ s still has a whole lot of S, but the Ss don't run together like they do with James S_____. Then again, if you go with Jameson and keep the middles you're considering, all three names will end with an N.

If Jameson is an option for you (and the middles aren't set in stone), you may also like:

Archer
    Abbott
    Bennett
    Calder
    Conrad
    Everett
    Griffin (same N ending, though)
    Grant
    Graham
    Leland
    Reed/Reid
    Tolliver
    Wyatt

If you stick with Jamie, I'd personally go with another nickname name, such as:

Alex (Oops..Will blend with the S sound in your last name)
    Ben
    Cal
    Drew
    Luke (a name in its own right, but also used as a nickname for Lucas)
    Nate
    Sam
    Theo
    Will

Now that I think about it, if I were to see Jamie and Ben (or any of the 100% masculine names) written down, I think I'd probably assume that Jamie was a girl and Ben was a boy. Because of this, I'd personally go with another unisex name for Jamie's brother. That's just me, though. :-)

From the above list, I think that Drew could work well with Jamie. (I also really like how the two names have different ending sounds.)

A lot of the other unisex nicknames end in "ie," which matches Jamie's ending, but this isn't an issue for you, you may like a name such as Charlie.

In case you change your mind about using James, some names I can see for James' brother:

Andrew
    Benjamin
    Daniel
    Edward
    Frederick
    Henry
    Leo
    Luke
    Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Peter
    Samuel
    Theodore
    Victor
    William

You may also like one of the above, or Joseph, Jude, Julian, Jack, or John, as an alternative to James.

If you don't use Jamie, Jameson, or James as a first name, you could always use James in the middle (as the first of the two middle names).

Good luck! :-)

Thanks, jill! The only problem with Jameson is that my husband is a big fan of the Irish whiskey of the same name. It's the same thing that ruled out the lovely Japanese name Midori for girls. Beautiful name meaning green, delicious apple liquor.

We love your suggestions of Reid, Graham, Drew, and Leo.

I've been struggling back and forth between scrapping Jamie altogether or going for another nicknamey name.

Other faves we have are:

Freddie
    Casey
    Roy
    Frank
    Eddie

As before, any other suggestions would be so much appreciated!

I really like Jamie for a boy. With Jamie, I could see:
    Reid
    Griffin
    Grant
    Liam
    Will
    Rowan

I particularly like Jamie and Reid or Jamie and Griffin (Finn)

Jamie and Roy, of your list is nice as well

Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    I really like Jamie for a boy. With Jamie, I could see:
    Reid
    Griffin
    Grant
    Liam
    Will
    Rowan

I particularly like Jamie and Reid or Jamie and Griffin (Finn)

Jamie and Roy, of your list is nice as well
    Thanks so much! Your list is literally spot on. We love them all!