Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Grace too popular?

Hi there. I love the name Grace, but I was hesitant because I felt it was too popular. But I don't really hear it that much anymore as a first name. What do you think? Are there a million Graces? Or should I go for it?

Re: Is Grace too popular?

Hi!

No, as a first name, Grace is certainly not too popular! I think it is a fantastic choice for a little girl, for sure - it ages well and is sassy and sweet all at the same time. Not to mention its nice meaning...

Go for it!

Lemon :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

It might depend on where you live. Have you checked your state's top 100? When I had my son in 2005 he would have been Grace but by the time I had my daughter in 2008 I had met so many Graces that I was a little sick of Gracie. (I think we might live in Grace pocket.)

Of course I've had some remorse that I didn't use it and it's in the running for future girls.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline

I love Grace, and even if it's popular, it's so classic and pretty. In my area, it's not as popular, but it might be different where you live. I've met a Gracelyn and a Gracelynn though, so I think those might eventually be more common than Grace, which would sound prettier and fresher.
    TARA <3

I only know one grace. I feel like its uber popular as a middle name as is Rose but as a first name it is fresh and classic. I dont think you will regret using Grace.