Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: baby boy

Re: Judah Nathaniel

Judah Nathaniel sounds great to me, very strong and masculine. I have never seen or heard it used on a girl. I don't see it ever becoming that popular or turning into a girls name. While I recognized Judah as a biblical name, I didn't know Nathaniel was too. I don't think it makes a difference.

Judah Nathaniel is a great name! I don't think it is overly religious; I asked my hubby, who is a very liberal Christian, and he doesn't think it is either. It is a classic boy's name and has been for hundreds of years so I don't see it becoming popular for girls. There may be a FEW girls named Jude but I see Jude as quite distinct from Judah.
    Adela, Beatrice, Berthe, Beryl, Calliope, Celeste, Cleo, Evangeline, Grete, Guinevere, Isadora, Ivanna, Leonie, Lilac, Lisette, Lucienne, Maelle, Marilla, Marisol, Mathilde, Maude, Melina, Ottoline, Paulina, Pascale, Rosalind, Sibyl, Tatiana, Xanthe, Yulia, Zara, Zinnia.
    Alasdair, Alcott, Anders, Augustine, Barnaby, Benoit, Desmond, Eliot, Evander, Felix, Gilbert, Graham, Hugo, Jonah, Julian, Kyrill, Leif, Lev, Malcolm, Maxfield, Morgan, Montgomery, Orion, Orlando, Pascal, Rhys, Roman

It's so funny you posted this, because I just came here to search "Judah" with similar concerns. My husband and I also love this name and keep coming back to it for our baby boy coming this summer. (We're leaning towards Judah Benjamin). We've gotten some negative feedback from family and friends, particularly with the concern that it reminds people of "Judas" and thus he might have a life of people wondering why his parents named his after such a bad guy. (Meanwhile Judah Macabee is an old testament hero). We're also not extremely religious, though we are secular Jewish. It's nice to hear positive feedback about the name. (We're also considering Ezra and Levi but always seem to like Judah just a bit more). Have you heard the Judas concern at all?

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by greenbean
    It's so funny you posted this, because I just came here to search "Judah" with similar concerns. My husband and I also love this name and keep coming back to it for our baby boy coming this summer. (We're leaning towards Judah Benjamin). We've gotten some negative feedback from family and friends, particularly with the concern that it reminds people of "Judas" and thus he might have a life of people wondering why his parents named his after such a bad guy. (Meanwhile Judah Macabee is an old testament hero). We're also not extremely religious, though we are secular Jewish. It's nice to hear positive feedback about the name. (We're also considering Ezra and Levi but always seem to like Judah just a bit more). Have you heard the Judas concern at all?
    Judah Benjamin is wonderful. We too just seem to like this name that much more than anything else.