Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: baby boy

baby boy

DH and I have decided, almost, on Judah Mac - the latter is a family name. But does that sound like a cartoon character? Hmmm. Help appreciated!

Re: Judah Nathaniel

No, Judah is not a good girls name. I can't see that becoming a problem. And I think Biblical names are such a part of our society, they are just execpted as names. I don't think you have to be Christian to use them.

My son's name is Judah, so I'm biased, but it's a great name! My DH and I both come from religious Jewish families but we ourselves are less religious so I guess our extended family is, as you say, extremely religious, but we are not. I've never seen Judah on a girl, though Jude is a plausible nickname for the female name Judith, so that could be why you've heard it on girls before. Judah Nathaniel is beautiful (our son is Judah Elias), and while it is biblical, it doesn't not scream religious. Biblical names have been used in American culture for such a long time now that they are considered pretty mainstream and even classic in many cases.

So glad to hear from someone who used Judah, too. I love Judah Elias - what a great combo. I think I just needed reassurance after some comments from family ... thanks so much.

I love the name Judah and Jude. However, I think gender-bending names will be much more difficult for biblical names. I think she will be continually getting mail saying Mr. Judah ____.