Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New moms

Re: New moms

What a great idea! I consider myself a new mom, even though I have a 13.5 month old. Probably because I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing some days :)
    :: o l i v e ::

I am DEFINITELY a new Mom! Lucia will be 4 months next week!

Maybe we want to tell a little bit about where our kids are at developmentally? And then maybe post a question we have so other moms with kids older than our can help?

I'll Start:

Lucia is rolling over now from tummy to back. She also can sit up in the bumbo and loves to stand on your lap when you hold her. She is also grasping toys well now and has gotten pretty good control over her hands. She also LOVES to babble and has moved away from the vowel sounds (baaaaaa) to more consonents (bbbbwabbbwabb) LOL.

I am still nursing (well pumping, she will only take the bottle now that she's in daycare) and she takes about 6oz 6 times a day. We are excited to start rice cereal after her 4mo appt May 3rd.

Question: A month ago Lucia was sleeping from 10pm to 6am so I know she can do it without getting hungry, but lately (after an ear infection last week) she has been waking up at 4am like clockwork. I try to rock her and hold her off eating until after 5 so she doesn't get into the habit of eating so early but she's still waking tat 4 or 4:30 every morning. Anyone have any tips for how to break the habit and get her back to her 6am waking times?
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Erin, Lucia sound adorable! I won't be much help in the sleep department. Dash is 14 months and still sleeps with me for half the night! All I can say is to be happy, because she is sleeping VERY well for her age and she will only get better. I think you're doing the right thing, holding off on feeding until as late as possible. She will get the hang of it eventually. This is one of those situations that requires much patience!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

This morning I actually had to wake her up at 645!!!!!! YAY!!!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Quote Originally Posted by erinpurple
    This morning I actually had to wake her up at 645!!!!!! YAY!!!
    Woah! Good for you!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco